HELP: No CD crack for MOO2

Yes, I am still playing MOO2. I recently dusted my beloved MOO2 box,
re-installed the game and played it again. But the constant whirring in the
CD-ROM drive is driving me crazy.

I could not find the no-cd crack in any of my backup CDs. Thus I turned to
this place for help.

Anyone can give me a link to the no-cd crack for MOO2?

Thank you.

Zyan.
9 answers Last reply
More about help crack moo2
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:08:45 +0800, "Zyan" <koty@pacific.net.sg> wrote:

    >Yes, I am still playing MOO2. I recently dusted my beloved MOO2 box,
    >re-installed the game and played it again. But the constant whirring in the
    >CD-ROM drive is driving me crazy.
    >
    >I could not find the no-cd crack in any of my backup CDs. Thus I turned to
    >this place for help.
    >
    >Anyone can give me a link to the no-cd crack for MOO2?
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Zyan.

    You can copy (ie just copy/paste) the whole cd to your hard drive and
    install it from that place (iirc)
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Zyan wrote:
    > Yes, I am still playing MOO2. I recently dusted my beloved MOO2
    box,
    > re-installed the game and played it again. But the constant
    whirring
    > in the CD-ROM drive is driving me crazy.
    >
    > I could not find the no-cd crack in any of my backup CDs. Thus I
    > turned to this place for help.
    >
    > Anyone can give me a link to the no-cd crack for MOO2?

    There's not one. Just copy the whole cd to the Moo2 directory and
    turn off the music. Don't even have to edit the .ini file.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    I just used Demontools to emulate the CD and still got the music
    without the whirring noises.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    No crack is required as it's not copy protected, copy the cd to a directory
    on your hard disk.

    Then edit an ini file, can't remember what it called, but this should
    specify the cd path, just change it to the directory you copied the files
    to.

    And that should be it.

    Regards

    "Zyan" <koty@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message
    > Yes, I am still playing MOO2. I recently dusted my beloved MOO2 box,
    > re-installed the game and played it again. But the constant whirring in
    > the CD-ROM drive is driving me crazy.
    >
    > I could not find the no-cd crack in any of my backup CDs. Thus I turned
    > to this place for help.
    >
    > Anyone can give me a link to the no-cd crack for MOO2?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Zyan.

  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On 1 Mar 2005 17:09:08 -0800, inferno2000@my-deja.com wrote:

    >I just used Demontools to emulate the CD and still got the music
    >without the whirring noises.

    That's one way to do it.

    In case you need to play with games that ban emulation software, you can
    use software that slows down the motor of the CD - Nero DriveSpeed would be
    one example.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Raymond Martineau wrote:
    > On 1 Mar 2005 17:09:08 -0800, inferno2000@my-deja.com wrote:
    >
    >> I just used Demontools to emulate the CD and still got the music
    >> without the whirring noises.
    >
    > That's one way to do it.
    >
    > In case you need to play with games that ban emulation software, you
    > can use software that slows down the motor of the CD - Nero
    > DriveSpeed would be one example.

    or just copy the entire CD to your hard drive and then open up orioncd.ini
    and replace your CD drive with the directory path you copied the CD to.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    First, thanks to everyone who replied (sure took my time to say
    thanks...ahem).

    I did the copy to HD solution. Now my HD fan is whirring due to the HD
    heating up...... sigh.

    Maybe I should try demontools as suggested by inferno2000.

    "George Kourtesis" <gkrts@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > No crack is required as it's not copy protected, copy the cd to a
    > directory on your hard disk.
    >
    > Then edit an ini file, can't remember what it called, but this should
    > specify the cd path, just change it to the directory you copied the files
    > to.
    >
    > And that should be it.
    >
    > Regards
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > First, thanks to everyone who replied (sure took my time to say
    > thanks...ahem).
    >
    > I did the copy to HD solution. Now my HD fan is whirring due to the HD
    > heating up...... sigh.
    >
    > Maybe I should try demontools as suggested by inferno2000.

    It's still going to need that data and still going to end up reading it
    from the hard drive (technically), even via Daemon Tools. Think
    about it. You make an image and mount it.. It goes to read from
    the CD, but it's really still just reading from your hard drive.

    The full install to hard drive via copy is the best way to have the
    game installed.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    There is a really easy way to do a no-cd for MOO2. Copy every file from
    the CD into your install directory (yes, copy over what is installed)
    and then edit the orioncd.ini file to point to your install directory.
    That is it! That is the way I play the game, so don't think this is bad
    info.

    --
    evan_davis5225
    evan_davis5225's Profile: http://www.video-game-forum.net/member.php?userid=230