How to repair problems after cloning a hdd to a ssd

rice2012

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
:hello:
I've cloned my 320GB HDD to a 128GB SSD. Before you think I lost my mind :pt1cable: let me state, I've used "less" than 25% of that 320GB HDD.

Now, my problem is this. When I boot up the cloned SSD in my new] laptop it will not bootup and says, it does not detect a bootble disk. I've tried the repair/restore three times with no success. Does anyone know for certain what I might do to repair this issue and get it to bootup correctly?

Anyone that positively knows for a fact what will work and is willing to share that information with me, will be sincerely appreciated! For help that literally fixes this issue I will give you a 15% and/or free shipping discount on anything for sale in my ebay store that sells for more than $110.00. My ebay username is, CrazySuperSellRStore/ebaystore/oceabrice
:bounce:

usageneraldelivery@gmail.com Reiterating, I appreciate the help from someone with an exact answer to this situation. Thank you, Shalom!

alexinnes

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Did you resize the disk to the smallest partition that it could be. What i would do if so is put the 320 back in, run Defraggler (a good free de-frag tool) then go into disk management and see how much you can shrink the disk.
If you straight clone the disk it does not work. Shrinking the disk to below 128gb will ensure that everything vital is on.
Hope that helps :)

rice2012

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
MY RESPONSE TO THE TWO THAT TOOK THE TIME TO TRY TO HELP ME, **THANK YOU KINDLY!** THIS IS MY ANSWER ON HOW I SOLVED MY PROBLEM.

The Easy Gig IV Cloning Software "Crucial" Sold As A Packaged Unit Was Ineffective. When I found the freeware "Macrium" it worked perfectly, it took exactly 1:54:45 The fellow that I purchased the Crucial 128GB SSD W/Transfer Kit was exceptionally helpful, after he gave me the "Macrium" URL I downloaded it, hook every up and let it do its thing and it worked perfectly! So, anyone contemplating purchasing a Crucial ?GB SSD W/transfer Kit, should be aware that the Easy Gig IV Transfer Software Kit Does NOT Work AND Crucial knows this but instead of admitting it, they lead you on a Merry-Go, but there's a lot of other cloning software out there that works well. My advice (that I should've followed) do your due dilligence before purchasing cloning software.

Again, thank you Alexinnes and Tranzz, I sincerely appreciate your input! Bless you both, Shalom!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ocea Rice - I am & We Are>>> CrazySuperSellRStore on eBay>>> with lots of a nice stuff for less than anywhere else 100% Guaranteed! and not just by a few bucks, always at least 15$ to 25$! Our motto=Our Guests Always Buy The Best For Less! AND We Offer Our Infamous 100% Complete Customer Service Satisfaction Guarantee! We know in todays' economy many want to find more for their money and are saying "I Need The Absolute Best Value For My Money" at the CrazySuperSellRStore that's EXACTLY what we give YOU AND we always give every customer as our way of saying "Thank You" for your purchase>>> One Coupon Code For **Free Shipping or 10% Off!** We hope YOU feel that’s a really GOOD DEAL! You WILL save more money on EVERY item, We always have a Guarantee that states "if" you can buy an identical item for less money at another store WE WILL GIVE YOU ONE OF OUR FOR THEIR PRICE, AND WITH FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPNG AND AN ADDITIONAL 25% OFF THE PRICE!... WE WILL NOT SACRIFICE OUR GUEST’S NEEDS BECAUSE OF PRICE OR SERVICE AND THOSE TWO GO HAND IN HAND IN EVERYTHING WE DO FOR OUR GUESTS… THAT’S 100% CUSTOMER SERVICE SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

My spouse and I run this business and we know first-hand what hard times really feel like, we've had our home foreclosed on Feb 2012, my spouse lost her job in 2010 (that's what caused the foreclosure) and I've been incapacitated for the last seven years from an automobile accident I had and a subsequent surgery was badly botched which left me bedridden. My spouse had to stay home to care for me and that's why she lost her employment. So, we really know first-hand what hard times feel like, but we love THE LORD (and we don't mean b/c of this we never have difficult times) But we know regardless of our physical circumstances as long as WE DEPEND TOTALLY ON HIM (and we ALWAYS do 100%) WE WILL MAKE IT AND WITH HIS SHALOM! We really are a very happy couple, because we look at life with happiness looking for the good in ourselves and others! Now, one of our hopes are we might help you as well! We have very nice high quality goods for your home, and home decor, and things to keep your clean and organized too! Right now we have... Elegant Tiffany Style Lamps-Many Styles To Choose From & Very Nice!(<Our Prices *Will* Shock You!) Kodak C875 Cameras, Bissell Vacuum Cleaners, ElectroLux 2-N-1 Stick Vac, Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaners, Shark Steam Pocket Mops, Stanley Shop Vacs, Nativity Porcelain Figurines, and a lot of nice merchandsie we feel you'll enjoy and you WILL save alot of money too! Example, Bissel ProHeatX2 9400-T Carpet Steame Cleaner, other's prices $225.00 >>> OUR PRICE ONLY $175!!! W/FREE SHIPPING!!! <<<

We're about to restock our inventory and we'll have quite a few other goodies as well real soon. Come on over and say Hi! We’ll look for you, and when you get there, tell where you saw us! Thank You Kindly! We pray THE LORD Bless and keep You Friend! Shalom!

Ocea & Spouse CrazySuperSellRStore On eBay (we'll soon be on Our Very Own Online Store As Well As... Amazon, NewEgg, Sears, And A Host Of Other Sites As Well... ONE THING WILL "ALWAYS" REMAIN THE SAME... OUR LOWER PRICES AND OUR 100% COMPLETE CUSTOMER SERVICE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! This Is Who We Are And That Will Never Ever Change! We 100% Guarantee It! Shalom Friend!