Leaving Sprint

I called Verizon and signed up with them today and they will handle porting
my cell number from Sprint to Verizon. My question is do I have to call
Sprint-after the number porting is done-and tell them that I quit or will
the number porting itself do it? I am on a month to month basis after
finishing two one year contracts.

--
your best, last and only line of defense-a Cohort of Roman Heavy Infantry

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
> I called Verizon and signed up with them today and they will handle porting
> my cell number from Sprint to Verizon. My question is do I have to call
> Sprint-after the number porting is done-and tell them that I quit or will
> the number porting itself do it?

I went the other way and when the port was complete, Verizon closed out my
account automatically. Should work the same way no matter which carrier you are
porting from and which you are porting to. Do make sure to keep your Sprint
account open during the porting process or the port will fail, and it's not
likely you'll be able to get your phone number back.

In article <10p0jtekr0m3i36@corp.supernews.com>, rosewar12@hotmail.com
says...
> I called Verizon and signed up with them today and they will handle porting
> my cell number from Sprint to Verizon. My question is do I have to call
> Sprint-after the number porting is done-and tell them that I quit or will
> the number porting itself do it? I am on a month to month basis after
> finishing two one year contracts.
>
> --
> your best, last and only line of defense-a Cohort of Roman Heavy Infantry

The porting process takes care of cancelling the Sprint Account.

Sorry to hear "we" lost you.

--
RØß
O/Siris