MN-620 wireless kit

I currently have the MN-620 wireless kit setup with a
desktop computer and a notebook connected with the wireless
card to a broadband network. It works great and I'm very
satisfied with it. Performance is terrific and very
consistent. I'm wondering if this same kit can be used
simply connect a notebook wirelessly to a broadband
network, WITHOUT the desktop computer. My daughter has
only a laptop and would like to have a similar setup to
mine, but she doesn't have a desktop, just wants to be able
to move the laptop around. I'd like to find out before I
purchase another kit for her. In reading the doc, it seems
that I must configure the base station while the laptop is
'hard-wired' via the ethernet cable, and they 'maybe' I can
disconnect the cable and do setup with the network adaptor
card. Maybe there is some other type of 'kit' I should be
looking at. Any help would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless

    Sorry, I just found my anwser in this forum!

    Awesome. I hope your daughter enjoys the freedom of wireless.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    > Thanks....it was your previous thread that I found! I've
    > already gone out, found the MS kit at $39 (they just keep
    > getting cheaper!) and ordered it.
    >
    > Thanks again....I always find my answers here. You are all
    > terrific.

Routers Wireless Desktops Networking