Sanyo 5400 and 8100 and 8200

Last response: in Network Providers
November 10, 2004 12:14:53 PM

I am eliable for the 18 month $150 rebate. Big price difference in
these three phones. I can get the 5400 for just a few bucks where as
the 8200 is over hundred even with the rebate. Is it worth the extra
money if all i really want is a reliable voice phone with no interest
in the camera. Just want good signal and fewer dropped calls. By the
way I have a sanyo 4900 now.
thanks for any input.
ppiper

More about : sanyo 5400 8100 8200

Anonymous
November 10, 2004 9:20:58 PM

"piper" <aaalion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am eliable for the 18 month $150 rebate. Big price difference in
> these three phones. I can get the 5400 for just a few bucks where as
> the 8200 is over hundred even with the rebate. Is it worth the extra
> money if all i really want is a reliable voice phone with no interest
> in the camera. Just want good signal and fewer dropped calls. By the
> way I have a sanyo 4900 now.
> thanks for any input.
> ppiper

Well, the 8100 is no longer sold by SPCS. It's been replaced with the 8200.
I don't see the 5400 advertised on SPCS's web site. Have you considered
going with the 4920?

Bob
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 4:04:24 AM

4900 was one of the best phones ever, if its still working ok, keep it

"piper" <aaalion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am eliable for the 18 month $150 rebate. Big price difference in
> these three phones. I can get the 5400 for just a few bucks where as
> the 8200 is over hundred even with the rebate. Is it worth the extra
> money if all i really want is a reliable voice phone with no interest
> in the camera. Just want good signal and fewer dropped calls. By the
> way I have a sanyo 4900 now.
> thanks for any input.
> ppiper
November 12, 2004 2:03:48 PM

My wife and son each have an 8200 and I have a 7300 (I needed a phone
without a camera, many clients I visit do not allow cameras). I'm not
impressed at all with the sound quality, or reception for that matter, of
these 2 Sanyos. I think the good Sanyo reputation I heard so much about was
built on the earlier models. My old Mot v60 on ATT sounded much better.

On the other hand, in spite of the fake ruggedization of the 7300, it's held
up well after hitting pavement a couple of times.

Also, everyone at Sanyo must be very hard of hearing. Even with my 53 year
old ears, I have to keep the volume down close to the minimum.

!