livedistortion

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
I just ordered a Logitech zero tilt keyboard and an MX500 mouse, but then i started to think about what would be best for my hands and wrists. I'm a musician so I'm careful about that stuff. Someone mentioned that the Logitech design causes RSI, but everyone else seems to say it's comfortable. And I hear trackballs are better for your body too, but I've never used one, can anyone comment on the usability of a trackball? And recommend one, I wouldn't know where to start. Can you game with them? Anyone use those Microsoft/Logitech style keyboards? Do they help? Can you game with them? I think the Logitech one you can only get in a combo.

Thanks

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i just use a normal MS mouse for long periods of time... make sure the mouse is close, easy and comfortable to use... loose and easy.
If you arm wrist or hand gets sore after a few hours then thats a good warning sign that your posture/the mouse is wrong. if it feels good, everythings fine.

<b>Damn War! I'm too young to watch other people die!</b>
<A HREF="http://members.iinet.net.au/~lhgpoobaa/images" target="_new">My Images!</A>

svol

Champion
I have the MX500 mouse for about 1.5 months now and I must say it is great. I really like the design... it fits perfectly inside my hand... and optical compared to ball mouses are much easier to move. And if the mouse if to heavy for you during long working then you can open the mouse with a screwdriver and remove the piece of metal in it that gives more weight to the mouse. Some people like the more weight... some don't.

But trackballs are indeed said to be much better... but it sure takes some time getting used to them.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

svol

Champion
Yes, their MouseMan drivers are kinda buggy... although they keep making newer releases of them. But, as said, their mouse are really good.

And my MX500 with the latest MouseMan stuff seems to work without many problems.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
The best thing I ever did was get one of those mini-desks for just my monitor and keyboard. Then I set it up with my original desk to my right, like an "L."

The mouse sits on my original desk. Now, when I use the mouse, my entire forearm is supported by the desk and I don't get cramps in my shoulder while playing games, because my arm is extended more naturally. I used to have all kinds of trouble playing games or doing anything else with the mouse until I did it that way. The drawback is that is does take up more space.

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 04/05/03 06:20 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

livedistortion

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
What do you think about the keyboards. I was playing around with them at Bestbuy, but it's kinda hard to tell. It seemed that the zero tilt ie: flat Logitech was actually more comfortable than the Microsoft Natural (the ones that are split and curved upwards). With the Micrsoft your wrists have to bend upwards. I dunno though, I'd have to live with them for awhile, but they're kinda expensive to try both though.