Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 ultimate vs professional

Last response: in Windows 7
June 19, 2012 1:01:07 PM

What are the differences between pro and ultimate. I check microsoft website and saw the ultimate has bitlocker. I have the paid professional version but im currently using a non legit copy of ultimate. Should i replace my os to win7 professional legit?

Best solution

June 19, 2012 1:09:12 PM

Windows 7 Pro, has all the features of Windows 7 Ultimate minus Bitlocker and the multi language pack.
It is more designed for a corporate environment, however I would say install Professional if you have a legit copy, Microsoft are 'attempting' to come down hard on people caught with Pirated software!
Unless of course you want Bitlocker, the multi lingual pack (and potentially the pirate police ;)  ) at your door!
June 19, 2012 1:37:56 PM

david_w said:
Windows 7 Pro, has all the features of Windows 7 Ultimate minus Bitlocker and the multi language pack.
It is more designed for a corporate environment, however I would say install Professional if you have a legit copy, Microsoft are 'attempting' to come down hard on people caught with Pirated software!
Unless of course you want Bitlocker, the multi lingual pack (and potentially the pirate police ;)  ) at your door!

Ill take no as my answer for the pirate police lol. What does bitlocker does?
m
l
Related resources
June 19, 2012 1:44:51 PM

zerovit said:
Ill take no as my answer for the pirate police lol. What does bitlocker does?

Haha, Bitlocker is basically a program that will encrypt your hard drive, you can use a TPM chip, password or a smart card to do this,.
Be warned however you will only be able to unlock it on a machine running Windows 7, so if you were to encrypt a portable hard drive using Bitlocker you would not be able to use it on an XP machine.
m
l
June 19, 2012 1:46:24 PM

Oh, ok thanks.
m
l
June 19, 2012 1:46:54 PM

Best answer selected by zerovit.
m
l
!