Red Alert 2 Online gaming

Last response: in Video Games
a b 4 Gaming
March 11, 2005 12:17:28 PM

Hi folks, just wondering where the Red Alert online gaming action is these
days. Is anyone out there still playing this game??

Saif
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
March 11, 2005 7:56:29 PM

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:17:28 -0500, "Saif Barry" <bugsaif@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi folks, just wondering where the Red Alert online gaming action is these
>days. Is anyone out there still playing this game??

I don't have solid information about how much it's played. But when I was
playing on WON, I noticed that some factions were being restricted for
being too powerful. (USA, for having unlimited reinforcements, Britian for
their ultra powerful IFV/Sniper, Germany for tearing tanks to shreads,
France for having a too-powerful defence structure, Korea for having
too-powerful Air units, Iraq for Desolator spam, Libya for Demo spam, Cuba
for terrorist spam, Russia for having the Anti-AT unit Tesla Tank, and Yuri
because nobody knows how to counter that faction. That's right - there's
nothing left to play.)

Alternate Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge ladder:
http://www.strike-team.net/

Personally, I haven't played Red Alert 2 recently - the AI was way too weak
to be of any practice.
Anonymous
a b 4 Gaming
March 11, 2005 7:56:30 PM

"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message

> I don't have solid information about how much it's played. But when I was
> playing on WON, I noticed that some factions were being restricted for
> being too powerful. (USA, for having unlimited reinforcements, Britian for
> their ultra powerful IFV/Sniper, Germany for tearing tanks to shreads,
> France for having a too-powerful defence structure, Korea for having
> too-powerful Air units, Iraq for Desolator spam, Libya for Demo spam, Cuba
> for terrorist spam, Russia for having the Anti-AT unit Tesla Tank, and
> Yuri
> because nobody knows how to counter that faction. That's right - there's
> nothing left to play.)

ROTFL!!!!!
March 12, 2005 4:50:52 PM

"Saif Barry" <bugsaif@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1110550655.5eab1db97819fd79549519fb7f45451e@teranews>...
> Hi folks, just wondering where the Red Alert online gaming action is these
> days. Is anyone out there still playing this game??
>
> Saif

I am a Master of Orion 2 freak and play on kali:

kali.exe download: http://www.kali.net/download.asp

There is also a RedAlert Chatserver #242 and I see there 20-30 players
at the weekend.

try a free serial: http://www.kali.net/register.asp?option=trial
!