Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.

Comments?

Carl Lundstedt
UNL
6 answers Last reply
More about nexus jupiter incident
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    The Gamespot review said it was NOT a realtime game.

    Is that right?

    Doesn't look like it is turn-based.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:15:25 -0600, Carl Lundstedt
    <clundst@workstation.unl.edu> wrote:

    >No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
    >thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
    >plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.
    >
    >Comments?
    >
    >Carl Lundstedt
    >UNL
    I tried the demo of this game and wasn't impressed. It's how I'd
    imagine the next StarWars movie would be in chinese. (lots of cool
    stuff to see, but I don't have a clue what's going on)

    I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
    ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
    after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
    all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
    Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
    looks nice though)
    I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
    lost interest in it now. :(

    Remove nospam_ to reply by email

    Jeff H........

    Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
    He fears the truth!
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
    > ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
    > after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
    > all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
    > Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
    > looks nice though)
    > I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
    > lost interest in it now. :(
    >

    > Remove nospam_ to reply by email
    >
    > Jeff H........
    >

    > Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
    > He fears the truth!

    My experience, same as above with the demo. I'll wait for the bin.

    Gus
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Jeff Holinski" <Holinski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:15:25 -0600, Carl Lundstedt
    > <clundst@workstation.unl.edu> wrote:
    >
    >>No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
    >>thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
    >>plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.
    >>
    >>Comments?
    >>
    >>Carl Lundstedt
    >>UNL
    > I tried the demo of this game and wasn't impressed. It's how I'd
    > imagine the next StarWars movie would be in chinese. (lots of cool
    > stuff to see, but I don't have a clue what's going on)
    >
    > I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
    > ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
    > after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
    > all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
    > Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
    > looks nice though)
    > I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
    > lost interest in it now. :(

    I cannot understand why they would release a demo like that. Is it really
    that tough to put a basic tutorial in the game? I downloaded the demo,
    played it, and basically had the same problem (wtf is going on??). It killed
    my interest in the title - I may revisit it when it hits the bargain bin.

    This is a case where a demo likely hurt sales.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Same thing w/ me. After a half hour of WTF? I decided I'll play my other
    games...

    "JWB" <jwb3333__removethissection__@excite.com> wrote in message
    > "Jeff Holinski" <Holinski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:15:25 -0600, Carl Lundstedt
    >> <clundst@workstation.unl.edu> wrote:
    >>
    >>>No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
    >>>thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
    >>>plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.
    >>>
    >>>Comments?
    >>>
    >>>Carl Lundstedt
    >>>UNL
    >> I tried the demo of this game and wasn't impressed. It's how I'd
    >> imagine the next StarWars movie would be in chinese. (lots of cool
    >> stuff to see, but I don't have a clue what's going on)
    >>
    >> I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
    >> ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
    >> after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
    >> all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
    >> Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
    >> looks nice though)
    >> I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
    >> lost interest in it now. :(
    >
    > I cannot understand why they would release a demo like that. Is it really
    > that tough to put a basic tutorial in the game? I downloaded the demo,
    > played it, and basically had the same problem (wtf is going on??). It
    > killed my interest in the title - I may revisit it when it hits the
    > bargain bin.
    >
    > This is a case where a demo likely hurt sales.

  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    For what it's worth, the full game does have a tutorial that prompts you
    through the first few missions. So far I've enjoyed the game. Reminds me a
    bit of a great old classic, Rules of Engagement 2. But I've only just
    started so will withhold final judgement. It has gotten some pretty good
    reviews.

    "Mr. Zee" <noone@nohow.net> wrote in message
    > Same thing w/ me. After a half hour of WTF? I decided I'll play my other
    > games...

PC gaming Nexus Games IBM Video Games