Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.

Comments?

Carl Lundstedt
UNL

The Gamespot review said it was NOT a realtime game.

Is that right?

Doesn't look like it is turn-based.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:15:25 -0600, Carl Lundstedt
<clundst@workstation.unl.edu> wrote:

>No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
>thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
>plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.
>
>Comments?
>
>Carl Lundstedt
>UNL
I tried the demo of this game and wasn't impressed. It's how I'd
imagine the next StarWars movie would be in chinese. (lots of cool
stuff to see, but I don't have a clue what's going on)

I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
looks nice though)
I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
lost interest in it now. :(

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
He fears the truth!

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

> I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
> ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
> after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
> all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
> Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
> looks nice though)
> I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
> lost interest in it now. :(
>

> Remove nospam_ to reply by email
>
> Jeff H........
>

> Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
> He fears the truth!

My experience, same as above with the demo. I'll wait for the bin.

Gus

jwb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2003

"Jeff Holinski" <Holinski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:15:25 -0600, Carl Lundstedt
> <clundst@workstation.unl.edu> wrote:
>
>>No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
>>thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
>>plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.
>>
>>Comments?
>>
>>Carl Lundstedt
>>UNL
> I tried the demo of this game and wasn't impressed. It's how I'd
> imagine the next StarWars movie would be in chinese. (lots of cool
> stuff to see, but I don't have a clue what's going on)
>
> I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
> ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
> after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
> all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
> Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
> looks nice though)
> I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
> lost interest in it now. :(

I cannot understand why they would release a demo like that. Is it really
that tough to put a basic tutorial in the game? I downloaded the demo,
played it, and basically had the same problem (wtf is going on??). It killed
my interest in the title - I may revisit it when it hits the bargain bin.

This is a case where a demo likely hurt sales.

Same thing w/ me. After a half hour of WTF? I decided I'll play my other
games...

"JWB" <jwb3333__removethissection__@excite.com> wrote in message
> "Jeff Holinski" <Holinski@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:15:25 -0600, Carl Lundstedt
>> <clundst@workstation.unl.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>No posts about this title. I just got it and was wondering what other
>>>thought. I've finished the first two missions and they were rather
>>>plodding, but gamespot claims this will pick up.
>>>
>>>Comments?
>>>
>>>Carl Lundstedt
>>>UNL
>> I tried the demo of this game and wasn't impressed. It's how I'd
>> imagine the next StarWars movie would be in chinese. (lots of cool
>> stuff to see, but I don't have a clue what's going on)
>>
>> I played the demo a couple dozen times. Finally figured out how to get
>> ships to attack and re-inforce their sheilds. Had all my ships go
>> after one of theirs and still didn't get it below 75% sheilds before
>> all my ships were dead. Tried it multiple times with all their ships.
>> Finally their demo convinced me that this isn't the game for me. (sure
>> looks nice though)
>> I assume there must be a tutorial somewhere in the real game, but I've
>> lost interest in it now. :(
>
> I cannot understand why they would release a demo like that. Is it really
> that tough to put a basic tutorial in the game? I downloaded the demo,
> played it, and basically had the same problem (wtf is going on??). It
> killed my interest in the title - I may revisit it when it hits the
> bargain bin.
>
> This is a case where a demo likely hurt sales.

For what it's worth, the full game does have a tutorial that prompts you
through the first few missions. So far I've enjoyed the game. Reminds me a
bit of a great old classic, Rules of Engagement 2. But I've only just
started so will withhold final judgement. It has gotten some pretty good
reviews.