Dungeon Keeper (1) D3D in XP?

Hi.

About Dungeon Keeper 1

Yes I know it´s an old game, but still I think it´s my favorite of all time.

However...after installing it on my computer with Windows XP I can only
start it in "software" mode which is very frustrating due to the bad
graphic.

In eg: W-98 it was playable in D3D-mode which is a very big difference when
it comes to game-play, but in XP I cant get it to work.

(My computer is "new" so it is way over the game-specific recommendations
from Bullfrog:)

Any help on how I can get this game running with best possible flow and
graphic is: Highly appreciated.

Thanx

Stefan Ljungstrom

"Pinballark" <stefan@pinballark.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> About Dungeon Keeper 1
>
> Yes I know it´s an old game, but still I think it´s my favorite of all
> time.
>
> However...after installing it on my computer with Windows XP I can only
> start it in "software" mode which is very frustrating due to the bad
> graphic.
>
> In eg: W-98 it was playable in D3D-mode which is a very big difference
> when it comes to game-play, but in XP I cant get it to work.
>
> (My computer is "new" so it is way over the game-specific recommendations
> from Bullfrog:)
>
> Any help on how I can get this game running with best possible flow and
> graphic is: Highly appreciated.
>
> Thanx
>
> Stefan Ljungstrom

I don't know about your problem, but since installing Service Pack 2 the
hand cursor in my DK2 has a yellow background instead of the transparent
one!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.dungeon-keeper (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:04:36 GMT, Pinballark wrote:

> Hi.
>
> About Dungeon Keeper 1
>
> Yes I know it´s an old game, but still I think it´s my favorite of all time.
>
> However...after installing it on my computer with Windows XP I can only
> start it in "software" mode which is very frustrating due to the bad
> graphic.
>
> In eg: W-98 it was playable in D3D-mode which is a very big difference when
> it comes to game-play, but in XP I cant get it to work.
>
> (My computer is "new" so it is way over the game-specific recommendations
> from Bullfrog:)
>
> Any help on how I can get this game running with best possible flow and
> graphic is: Highly appreciated.
>
> Thanx
>
> Stefan Ljungstrom

I have been playing Dungeon Keeper myself, having bought it a year ago
and lost my first try at completing the game for a crash at some point.
I restarted it some time ago, and the group alt.games.dungeon-keeper has
been of great help. I'll forward this there, hopefully someone can help.

Also, I would like to know how I know whether I am playing software or
D3D Dungeon Keeper...

Janne Joensuu,
Endoperez