Wireless Reception Problems

ToMo

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

I recently solved one wireless reception problem only to
encounter another. Aout 10 days ago I bought a bunch of
ethernet cable and moved my based station into another
room closer to my wirless adaptor-equiped laptop (about 40
feet away). All was well and reception was generally 3 -
4 green bars at 11Mbps.

Suddenly today I am being knocked out of the network
intermittently. I changed position of the base station to
the extent allowed by the length of my ethernet cables to
no avail.

Next I moved the laptop to a position less than 15 feet
from the base station, line-of-sight. Still, every 2
minutes or so I go from 5 green to 2 or even 1 yellow
bar. I have changed channels and done a reset but nothing
seems to help.

I am about to throw in the wireless towl and run cable.

Any thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS