Wifi dongle driver missing, what now? (Micronext)

Hi

I have a Micronext MN-WD152B and need to install it on a Windows 7 machine. Sadly the website doesn't exist anymore (while the thing is still being sold via amazon?) which means that I can't get a driver for it anymore. There was a CD that came with it, but I never had it.

Is there some kind of work around? Anything else I could use, - or is the thing worthless and should I through it away?

Thanks a lot,
Manuel
1 answer Last reply
More about wifi dongle driver missing micronext
  1. Depends how much your time is worth it is not that expensive to toss it in the trash and get a new one.

There are only a handful of wireless chipset makers so your goal is to find a another adapter that uses the same chipset. You should then be able to load a driver for that adapter..many times you can use the generic ones from the chipset manufacturers website.

Finding the chipset tends to be tedious. You can take it apart which I would not recommend. Boot your machine with a linux DVD and watch the messages on boot it will tell you the chipset and if it has a driver it loads it. Or search the internet and hope someone has already done this work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 WiFi Wireless Networking