My phone is on a 'corporate account'?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
November 17, 2004 3:13:17 AM

I'm a 6 year SPCS customer. Recently I called for support, and the recorded
message said "transerring to corporate accounts' (or something similar).
Tonight, I checked my phones' Upgrade Eligibility @
http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/info.php and received the following
message: "Our records indicate this is a PCS Corporate account and does
not qualify for the reactive rebate."

My phone was not purchased through (or by) my employer. Why would I get
this sort of message? I bought my phones brand new, not from Ebay or
anything like that.

Thanks in advance

Mike

PS. Sprint has the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced,
except for all the other wireless phone companies I've tried (3).
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 10:22:39 AM

In article <efCdnQJOxMVsQAfcRVn-rg@qx.net>, Mikeno-spam@no-
way.net says...
> I'm a 6 year SPCS customer. Recently I called for support, and the recorded
> message said "transerring to corporate accounts' (or something similar).
> Tonight, I checked my phones' Upgrade Eligibility @
> http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/info.php and received the following
> message: "Our records indicate this is a PCS Corporate account and does
> not qualify for the reactive rebate."
>
> My phone was not purchased through (or by) my employer. Why would I get
> this sort of message? I bought my phones brand new, not from Ebay or
> anything like that.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mike

Sprint PCS accounts are coded based on how someone became a
customer with us. Those codes can be manually assigned by
SPCS reps. In fact, we *have* to assign them based on
people wanting to setup DBA (Doing Business As) accounts,
like for tax accounting purposes, or for corporate
discounts, stuff like that. Sounds like someone may have
been careless with one of those codes in the past.

Now, with full knowledge of the statement below, the by-
the-book answer is to simply call in to SPCS and tell them
that your number is not a corporate purchased number. They
should be able to confirm that with you fairly easily, and
then they can change it over.

Word of warning: Some bill codes for the plans and various
add-ons change based on this account coding. You can't
turn an ostensibly corporate sponsored account into a
consumer account without cancelling the whole dang thing
and then rebuilding it as a consumer account. And, yes,
that means new contract, new (current) plan, etc. And you
could actually lose service for a few hours. Because,
technically, SPCS actually cancels out the number, creates
a temporary one with the new account coding, and then
"reserves" the old number to restore it to service. Did I
mention the cancelling can cause inadvertent billing of the
termination fee?

Complicated enough yet? It really depends on what exact
code is on your account. I'd be going from memory, but I'd
be willing to try to remember the consequences if you can
get a rep to tell you the coding and you post it here. I
can ONLY promise that I'll try to remember, and that I will
tell you if I'm not 100% sure of the code.

> PS. Sprint has the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced,
> except for all the other wireless phone companies I've tried (3).

A very sad expose on the entire cellular/PCS service
industry.

--
RØß
O/Siris

The phone might not have been purchased by or through your employer,
but what about your account? Do you have a reduced rate or free added
features because of your employer?
November 17, 2004 8:08:16 PM

"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> The phone might not have been purchased by or through your employer,
> but what about your account? Do you have a reduced rate or free added
> features because of your employer?

The other question being *where* did the OP purchase his phone. Often times
you run into resellers and they actually get you in per a business account.
I'm still on a business account, get my 7% discount and the employer that I
got everything through doesn't even exit anymore...

-F
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 1:51:42 AM

O/Siris wrote:
> In article <efCdnQJOxMVsQAfcRVn-rg@qx.net>, Mikeno-spam@no-
> way.net says...
>
>>I'm a 6 year SPCS customer. Recently I called for support, and the recorded
>>message said "transerring to corporate accounts' (or something similar).
>>Tonight, I checked my phones' Upgrade Eligibility @
>>http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/info.php and received the following
>>message: "Our records indicate this is a PCS Corporate account and does
>>not qualify for the reactive rebate."
>>
>>My phone was not purchased through (or by) my employer. Why would I get
>>this sort of message? I bought my phones brand new, not from Ebay or
>>anything like that.
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Mike
>>

> Sprint PCS accounts are coded based on how someone became a
> customer with us. Those codes can be manually assigned by
> SPCS reps. In fact, we *have* to assign them based on
> people wanting to setup DBA (Doing Business As) accounts,
> like for tax accounting purposes, or for corporate
> discounts, stuff like that. Sounds like someone may have
> been careless with one of those codes in the past.
>
> Now, with full knowledge of the statement below, the by-
> the-book answer is to simply call in to SPCS and tell them
> that your number is not a corporate purchased number. They
> should be able to confirm that with you fairly easily, and
> then they can change it over.
>
> Word of warning: Some bill codes for the plans and various
> add-ons change based on this account coding. You can't
> turn an ostensibly corporate sponsored account into a
> consumer account without cancelling the whole dang thing
> and then rebuilding it as a consumer account. And, yes,
> that means new contract, new (current) plan, etc. And you
> could actually lose service for a few hours. Because,
> technically, SPCS actually cancels out the number, creates
> a temporary one with the new account coding, and then
> "reserves" the old number to restore it to service. Did I
> mention the cancelling can cause inadvertent billing of the
> termination fee?
>
> Complicated enough yet? It really depends on what exact
> code is on your account. I'd be going from memory, but I'd
> be willing to try to remember the consequences if you can
> get a rep to tell you the coding and you post it here. I
> can ONLY promise that I'll try to remember, and that I will
> tell you if I'm not 100% sure of the code.

We're in the same boat. My wife and I signed up with Sprint through a special
offer at work (Fed. Gov.) way back in the late 1990s days of "Sprint Spectrum."
I recently learned when adding two new lines for our kids that all this time we
have been on a corporate account. I've thought of changing it to a consumer
account, but based on what you've told here, I don't think I'll bother. It might
cause more trouble than it would be worth. I had to spend 45 mins on the phone
twice with Vision tech support already to get authorized to download premium
services to our phone after three of us got Vision phones. If I remember
correctly, a Sprint rep once said our account code is "P".
November 18, 2004 2:25:57 AM

"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> The phone might not have been purchased by or through your employer,
> but what about your account? Do you have a reduced rate or free added
> features because of your employer?

I don't think I do. I haven't had a contract for about 3 years now. I have
500 minutes on my phone, and I share 1000 minutes with my wife's phone. We
have the free PCS-PCS add-on, and my total bill (including taxes, etc...) is
about $90 a month.

I think I have the $49 deal, but by the time we added a phone, replacement
insurance, and taxes etc.... its about $90.

We got the deal through a PCS dealer in our state capital. That was WAY
before the Sprint Store opened. My wife got a brand new phone, but mine was
a demo unit that he cut us a deal on. I think I paid about $100 for it, and
the first phone was free.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 7:59:22 AM

In article <419C1C4E.9080806@yahoo.com>, noshooz@yahoo.com says...
> If I remember
> correctly, a Sprint rep once said our account code is "P".

If you got that federal gov't employee discount, that sounds correct.

--
RØß
O/Siris
!