PCS number change? BE FORWARNED!

I recently moved from one state to another and decided to
change my Sprint PCS phone number.

After speaking to CS, and going through a relatively painless
process, I thought all was good.

I was wrong.

I just received an e-mail, reviewing my services. It seems
that, in changing one's number, all services revert back
to one's "basic" plan. All "bonuses" are stripped, and, to
add insult to injury, you're automatically signed to a one
year contract.

While they're supposed to tell you this, up front, the CS
Rep., that I spoke to, didn't.

After dealing with the folks at Retention, I managed to reclaim
the services that I "lost," but not before having to agree to
another contract.

While Sprint happens to have very good coverage in the areas
that I frequent, and the minutes/charges are better than any
other carriers, I'm left with a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Notan
5 answers Last reply
More about number change forwarned

    Notan wrote:

    > I recently moved from one state to another and decided to
    > change my Sprint PCS phone number.
    >
    > After speaking to CS, and going through a relatively painless
    > process, I thought all was good.
    >
    > I was wrong.
    >
    > I just received an e-mail, reviewing my services. It seems
    > that, in changing one's number, all services revert back
    > to one's "basic" plan. All "bonuses" are stripped, and, to
    > add insult to injury, you're automatically signed to a one
    > year contract.
    >
    > While they're supposed to tell you this, up front, the CS
    > Rep., that I spoke to, didn't.
    >
    > After dealing with the folks at Retention, I managed to reclaim
    > the services that I "lost," but not before having to agree to
    > another contract.
    >
    > While Sprint happens to have very good coverage in the areas
    > that I frequent, and the minutes/charges are better than any
    > other carriers, I'm left with a very bitter taste in my mouth.
    >
    > Notan

    Uhhh, that was supposed to be "FOREWARNED."

    Notan

    Also be aware that a number change can result in problems with your
    service such as roaming authentication, picture mail, PCS e-mail,
    callers getting a "temporarily not in service" message when calling
    you, etc. Hopefully your MSID and MDN are still the same number.

    Notan wrote:

    > I recently moved from one state to another and decided to
    > change my Sprint PCS phone number.
    >
    > After speaking to CS, and going through a relatively painless
    > process, I thought all was good.
    >
    > I was wrong.
    >
    > I just received an e-mail, reviewing my services. It seems
    > that, in changing one's number, all services revert back
    > to one's "basic" plan. All "bonuses" are stripped, and, to
    > add insult to injury, you're automatically signed to a one
    > year contract.
    >
    > While they're supposed to tell you this, up front, the CS
    > Rep., that I spoke to, didn't.
    >
    > After dealing with the folks at Retention, I managed to reclaim
    > the services that I "lost," but not before having to agree to
    > another contract.
    >
    > While Sprint happens to have very good coverage in the areas
    > that I frequent, and the minutes/charges are better than any
    > other carriers, I'm left with a very bitter taste in my mouth.
    >
    > Notan

    Earlier this afternoon, I spoke with Executive Services.
    (Sorry, folks... No names or numbers.)

    We spoke, at length, about some of the problems that occurred,
    and some of the solutions that might help to resolve them.
    (Again, sorry, but I don't think it's appropriate to discuss
    them on this board.)

    Suffice it to say that the bitter taste, that I experienced
    earlier, is gone.

    They're honestly trying and, to me, that says alot.

    Notan

    I have changed states several times. (Indeed, that's why I utilize
    Sprint...although Verizon is much better, it doesn't allow customers to
    move from one coverage area to another). Every time I have moved, I
    have had substantially the same problems, and every time I have to talk
    to Exec. Services who gets it partially but not totally straightened
    out.

    MacWilder wrote:
    > I have changed states several times. (Indeed, that's why I utilize
    > Sprint...although Verizon is much better, it doesn't allow customers to
    > move from one coverage area to another).

    Sure they do. Moved wifey's Sprint phone here from Ohio last year, and my
    Verizon phone (back before I dumped Verizon for Sprint). They even have a
    special department in each market area called E-Z Move.

    > Every time I have moved, I
    > have had substantially the same problems, and every time I have to talk
    > to Exec. Services who gets it partially but not totally straightened
    > out.

    Verizon honored my original contract end date. Sprint reset my end date, and I
    was told it's because that's the way the billing system is programmed, but a
    CSR put a "high-level" note on my account to honor the correct (original) end
    date, and the CSRs that I spoke to subsequently all gave me the correct date
    when I asked for it.

Sprint PCS PCS Internet Service Providers