Need to contact people for a possible game project.

I have an idea for a game project. It is based on an existing game
which although critically successful (great reviews), is never going to
be released in another version. It is a turn-based strategy game, with
elements of empire-building and territory development, war and
diplomacy. The idea I have involves a pbem component, plus other
enhancements.

The game, or at least the older, official versions of it, has a
dedicated though not huge user base, and is still played. There are
lots of players around who will want to provide input, beta test, etc.

My idea is to form a small collective of people who want to work on a
project to create a new version -- not in name, for trademark reasons
-- but a new game which takes its lead from the old versions. An heir
in all but name, I guess. This wouldn't be a 'free' project -- we would
be thinking of ways to make this a money earner for whatever group of
people made it happen.

This would suit anyone who has the skills, wants to collaborate on a
game project, but who doesn't have a specific game idea. The idea is
here, waiting.

Anyone interested in knowing more can reply by email for more details
or to discuss.

"dminoz" <dminoz@osiran.com> wrote in news:1111474262.241965.267960
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> I have an idea for a game project. It is based on an existing game
> which although critically successful (great reviews), is never going to

What existing game would that be?

--

Knight "I'm not a Blizzard fanboi, I just play one on USENET" 37

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

knight37 wrote:
> "dminoz" <dminoz@osiran.com> wrote in news:1111474262.241965.267960

> > I have an idea for a game project. It is based on an existing game
> > which although critically successful (great reviews), is never
going to

> What existing game would that be?

I'm not sure, but I wonder if the absence of any reference to
technology ..... or "magic" ... is significant ...

CC

magnate wrote:
> knight37 wrote:
>
>>"dminoz" <dminoz@osiran.com> wrote in news:1111474262.241965.267960
>

>>>I have an idea for a game project. It is based on an existing game
>>>which although critically successful (great reviews), is never
>
> going to
>

>>What existing game would that be?
>

> I'm not sure, but I wonder if the absence of any reference to
> technology ..... or "magic" ... is significant ...
>
> CC

Read his posts on 3/15 and 3/21 regarding Imperialism, perhaps that is
the clue

DE

Dwarf Electrician <may_I_see_your_passport_please@nospamyahoo.com> once
tried to test me with:

> magnate wrote:
>> knight37 wrote:
>>
>>>"dminoz" <dminoz@osiran.com> wrote in news:1111474262.241965.267960

>> going to
>>

>>>What existing game would that be?
>>

>> I'm not sure, but I wonder if the absence of any reference to
>> technology ..... or "magic" ... is significant ...
>>
>> CC
>>
> Read his posts on 3/15 and 3/21 regarding Imperialism, perhaps that is
> the clue

I'd prefer just a straight up answer. I mean, why the secrecy?

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message news:Xns9622E580395BFknight37m@130.133.1.4...
> Dwarf Electrician <may_I_see_your_passport_please@nospamyahoo.com> once
> tried to test me with:
>
>> magnate wrote:

>>> going to

>>> I'm not sure, but I wonder if the absence of any reference to
>>> technology ..... or "magic" ... is significant ...
>>>
>>> CC
>>>
>> Read his posts on 3/15 and 3/21 regarding Imperialism, perhaps that is
>> the clue
>
> I'd prefer just a straight up answer. I mean, why the secrecy?

Because you will steal his idea and make millions

No, sorry, I wasn't trying to be obtuse ... the game is indeed
Imperialism, and you can read more at
http://www.strategyplanet.com/dailyimperialist/

/dm

:) Actually I'm motivated by the fact that I'm a hardcore Imperialism
fan who thinks its one of the best games ever made, and is rather
pissed off that Frog City are never going to make Imp3. Plus, there are
lots of good Imp3 ideas floating around.

"James_" <no@spam.com> wrote in news:7sudnbxaMpKU_d7fRVn-sg@midco.net:

> "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
>> Dwarf Electrician <may_I_see_your_passport_please@nospamyahoo.com>
>> once tried to test me with:

>>> Read his posts on 3/15 and 3/21 regarding Imperialism, perhaps that
>>> is the clue
>>
>> I'd prefer just a straight up answer. I mean, why the secrecy?
>>

> Because you will steal his idea and make millions

Damn, you saw through my subterfuge. Need to work on that, I guess.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"dminoz" <dminoz@osiran.com> once tried to test me with:

> No, sorry, I wasn't trying to be obtuse ... the game is indeed
> Imperialism, and you can read more at
> http://www.strategyplanet.com/dailyimperialist/

Ok fair enough. I did like Imperialism 2 quite a bit. I'd look forward to a
new version in the franchise. But I'm afraid I don't have time to commit to
any type of project to make it at this time.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-03-25, dminoz <dminoz@osiran.com> wrote:
>:) Actually I'm motivated by the fact that I'm a hardcore Imperialism
> fan who thinks its one of the best games ever made, and is rather
> pissed off that Frog City are never going to make Imp3. Plus, there are
> lots of good Imp3 ideas floating around.

I read the blurb at strategy planet. You might want to
immediately stop telling people you want to write a successor for
Imperialism 2 and instead just tell people you want to make a
game "like" Imperialism 2.

Good luck.

I think I've made it fairly clear in all communications about this that
it's not Imp3, and can't be. But if one person can think it's not
clear, then more can -- so thanks, and I'll have a look at clarifying
the situation.