FA: Sanyo PM-8200

Just FYI to everyone: I'm auctioning off a Sanyo PM-8200 on eBay in
case anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5733644321

Thanks!

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
More about sanyo 8200

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:15:20 -0500, Isaiah Beard
    <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    >Just FYI to everyone: I'm auctioning off a Sanyo PM-8200 on eBay in
    >case anyone is interested.
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
    >
    >Thanks!

    $10.44 for UPS Ground?
    $37.38 for next day air?

    Padding the shipping a tad are we?

    "Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:15:20 -0500, Isaiah Beard
    > <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Just FYI to everyone: I'm auctioning off a Sanyo PM-8200 on eBay in
    > >case anyone is interested.
    > >
    > >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
    > >
    > >Thanks!
    >
    > $10.44 for UPS Ground?
    > $37.38 for next day air?
    >
    > Padding the shipping a tad are we?
    > --
    > To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

    Doesn't sound like it to me.....
    You might be looking at 'counter' rates.
    I would be he is quoting rates at a '3rd party' store where he does a
    drop/ship...
    There is a price of convenience on his end!

    Evan Platt wrote:

    >>Just FYI to everyone: I'm auctioning off a Sanyo PM-8200 on eBay in
    >>case anyone is interested.
    >>
    >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
    >>
    >>Thanks!

    > $10.44 for UPS Ground?
    > $37.38 for next day air?
    >
    > Padding the shipping a tad are we?

    Unfortunately, no. UPS' on-demand shipping rates have gone way up
    recently, and will rise again another 2-4% in January.

    And FWIW: the winning bidder paid $5.80 for USPS Priority Mail (which is
    always cheapest), and I threw in an extra $3.00 for insurance out of my
    own pocket. My feedback history shows that I often bend over backwards
    to make sure transactions go smoothly.

    Are you this cynically suspicious of everyone you deal with?

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:10:06 -0500, Isaiah Beard
    <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    >Unfortunately, no. UPS' on-demand shipping rates have gone way up
    >recently, and will rise again another 2-4% in January.

    All the reason to drive to the local UPS store / location. Save your
    sellers a bundle.

    >And FWIW: the winning bidder paid $5.80 for USPS Priority Mail (which is
    >always cheapest), and I threw in an extra $3.00 for insurance out of my
    >own pocket. My feedback history shows that I often bend over backwards
    >to make sure transactions go smoothly.
    >
    >Are you this cynically suspicious of everyone you deal with?

    For people who pad shipping, yes.

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > All the reason to drive to the local UPS store / location. Save your
    > sellers a bundle.

    Guess what? The UPS store is across the street from my house. And
    those are the counter rates I was quoted.

    --

    Joe Gill <joegill@removethis@prodigy.net> wrote:

    > Doesn't sound like it to me.....
    > You might be looking at 'counter' rates.
    > I would be he is quoting rates at a '3rd party' store where he does a
    > drop/ship...
    > There is a price of convenience on his end!

    And don't forget packaging isn't free.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > Guess what? The UPS store is across the street from my house. And
    > those are the counter rates I was quoted.

    Use the UPS Paypal shipping and print your own material. It is cheaper
    than the store [actually a renamed Mailboxes Etc.] rates. You just drop
    it off.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

Sprint PCS Sanyo Email Internet Service Providers