FA: Sanyo PM-8200

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:15:20 -0500, Isaiah Beard
<sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>Just FYI to everyone: I'm auctioning off a Sanyo PM-8200 on eBay in
>case anyone is interested.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
>
>Thanks!

$10.44 for UPS Ground?
$37.38 for next day air?

Padding the shipping a tad are we?

"Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:15:20 -0500, Isaiah Beard
> <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:
>
> >Just FYI to everyone: I'm auctioning off a Sanyo PM-8200 on eBay in
> >case anyone is interested.
> >
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
> >
> >Thanks!
>
> $10.44 for UPS Ground?
> $37.38 for next day air?
>
> Padding the shipping a tad are we?
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

Doesn't sound like it to me.....
You might be looking at 'counter' rates.
I would be he is quoting rates at a '3rd party' store where he does a
drop/ship...
There is a price of convenience on his end!

Evan Platt wrote:

>>Just FYI to everyone: I'm auctioning off a Sanyo PM-8200 on eBay in
>>case anyone is interested.
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
>>
>>Thanks!

> $10.44 for UPS Ground?
> $37.38 for next day air?
>
> Padding the shipping a tad are we?

Unfortunately, no. UPS' on-demand shipping rates have gone way up
recently, and will rise again another 2-4% in January.

And FWIW: the winning bidder paid $5.80 for USPS Priority Mail (which is
always cheapest), and I threw in an extra $3.00 for insurance out of my
own pocket. My feedback history shows that I often bend over backwards
to make sure transactions go smoothly.

Are you this cynically suspicious of everyone you deal with?

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:10:06 -0500, Isaiah Beard
<sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, no. UPS' on-demand shipping rates have gone way up
>recently, and will rise again another 2-4% in January.

All the reason to drive to the local UPS store / location. Save your
sellers a bundle.

>And FWIW: the winning bidder paid $5.80 for USPS Priority Mail (which is
>always cheapest), and I threw in an extra $3.00 for insurance out of my
>own pocket. My feedback history shows that I often bend over backwards
>to make sure transactions go smoothly.
>
>Are you this cynically suspicious of everyone you deal with?

For people who pad shipping, yes.

Evan Platt wrote:

> All the reason to drive to the local UPS store / location. Save your
> sellers a bundle.

Guess what? The UPS store is across the street from my house. And
those are the counter rates I was quoted.

--

Joe Gill <joegill@removethis@prodigy.net> wrote:

> Doesn't sound like it to me.....
> You might be looking at 'counter' rates.
> I would be he is quoting rates at a '3rd party' store where he does a
> drop/ship...
> There is a price of convenience on his end!

And don't forget packaging isn't free.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> Guess what? The UPS store is across the street from my house. And
> those are the counter rates I was quoted.

Use the UPS Paypal shipping and print your own material. It is cheaper
than the store [actually a renamed Mailboxes Etc.] rates. You just drop
it off.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

TRENDING THREADS