WEP not working

Last response: in Networking
Share
May 26, 2004 7:03:47 PM

Hi
I set up a wireless G kit mn-820,on my desktop and laptop,
my laptop says the WEP is not correct, I used the disk the
setup program made to transfer the settings. Uninstalled
everything and ran setup again using no network security.
It still reports invalid WEP. Manually set password on
both and still get same invalid WEP.
Any Suggestion? Thanks

More about : wep working

May 27, 2004 12:48:41 AM

Wow. Did you physically reset the base station via the
littel inset button? This will clear it and start in
factory default with no WEP.

Thne, make up your OWN WEP and manually type it in to
your PCs' adapter settings. No need for a disk. IT just
alittle 128-bit (or less) alpahnumeric.

Hope this helps..

May 27, 2004 12:58:59 AM

Hi,

Invalid WEP error messages indicates one of the following:

- your connectivity with the router is not stable due to
distance issues, or signal issues [cordless phones].
(hence if you turn off WEP you still may receive the
error, invalid WEP).
- your configuration settings are incorrect, making the
currect WEP key incorrect. Double check your Channel ID
and SSID in the properties of your NIC (xp/2k check
device manager, 98/ME check network options).

The main reason for this error is cordless phones, or
wireless range/blocking issues.

Raf

!