WEP not working

Hi
I set up a wireless G kit mn-820,on my desktop and laptop,
my laptop says the WEP is not correct, I used the disk the
setup program made to transfer the settings. Uninstalled
everything and ran setup again using no network security.
It still reports invalid WEP. Manually set password on
both and still get same invalid WEP.
Any Suggestion? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about working

    Wow. Did you physically reset the base station via the
    littel inset button? This will clear it and start in
    factory default with no WEP.

    Thne, make up your OWN WEP and manually type it in to
    your PCs' adapter settings. No need for a disk. IT just
    alittle 128-bit (or less) alpahnumeric.

    Hope this helps..

    Hi,

    Invalid WEP error messages indicates one of the following:

    - your connectivity with the router is not stable due to
    distance issues, or signal issues [cordless phones].
    (hence if you turn off WEP you still may receive the
    error, invalid WEP).
    - your configuration settings are incorrect, making the
    currect WEP key incorrect. Double check your Channel ID
    and SSID in the properties of your NIC (xp/2k check
    device manager, 98/ME check network options).

    The main reason for this error is cordless phones, or
    wireless range/blocking issues.

    Raf

Routers Laptops WEP Microsoft Networking