Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Strategy Guide, where to dowload?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:22:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

Where can you download Strategy Guide, from Prima and Brady Games?
I.E Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Official Strategy Guide from Brady Games.
I'm looking forward to hear something.

Something funny:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php :p 

More about : strategy guide dowload

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:49:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"PimThomas" <pimthomas@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ad269189.0503250822.5875f389@posting.google.com...
> Where can you download Strategy Guide, from Prima and Brady Games?
> I.E Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Official Strategy Guide from Brady Games.
> I'm looking forward to hear something.
>
> Something funny:
> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php :p 

I'm not sure about the guides you mention but you can go to
http://www.gamespot.com to get some decent guides for those games and they
also have links to http://www.gamefaqs.com for some walkthroughs. Between
the 2 of them you should be able to find everything you need.

Bumper
--
============================================================================
===
Mother said there would be days like this, she just never said there would
be so many of them! Ö¿Ö¬
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 3:03:34 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"Bumper" <Bumper89@hotmailDOTcom> once tried to test me with:

>
> "PimThomas" <pimthomas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ad269189.0503250822.5875f389@posting.google.com...
>> Where can you download Strategy Guide, from Prima and Brady Games?
>> I.E Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Official Strategy Guide from Brady
>> Games. I'm looking forward to hear something.
>>
>> Something funny:
>> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php :p 
>
> I'm not sure about the guides you mention but you can go to
> http://www.gamespot.com to get some decent guides for those games and
> they also have links to http://www.gamefaqs.com for some walkthroughs.
> Between the 2 of them you should be able to find everything you need.

The guides at Gamespot are often times better than Prima or Brady's
offerings. Especially such as Desslock's Baldur's Gate guide and his
Morrowind guide.

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 3:03:35 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9624B7B6B5B38knight37m@130.133.1.4...
> "Bumper" <Bumper89@hotmailDOTcom> once tried to test me with:
>
>>
>> "PimThomas" <pimthomas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ad269189.0503250822.5875f389@posting.google.com...
>>> Where can you download Strategy Guide, from Prima and Brady Games?
>>> I.E Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Official Strategy Guide from Brady
>>> Games. I'm looking forward to hear something.
>>>
>>> Something funny:
>>> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php :p 
>>
>> I'm not sure about the guides you mention but you can go to
>> http://www.gamespot.com to get some decent guides for those games and
>> they also have links to http://www.gamefaqs.com for some walkthroughs.
>> Between the 2 of them you should be able to find everything you need.
>
> The guides at Gamespot are often times better than Prima or Brady's
> offerings. Especially such as Desslock's Baldur's Gate guide and his
> Morrowind guide.
>

You've got to be kidding.

Alanb
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 7:00:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"PimThomas" <pimthomas@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ad269189.0503250822.5875f389@posting.google.com...
> Where can you download Strategy Guide, from Prima and Brady Games?

You can't. They don't put those on PDF until MUCH MUCH later, when
they're sometimes included with Gold Editions and such. Prima's more
often found doing that. Haven't found any Brady guides that way.

Prima sometimes put a portion of their guide online known as "FastTrack"
guides, but those are webpages, not PDF files, and they cover only some
lesser games.

--KC
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 7:07:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

pimthomas@gmail.com (PimThomas) wrote in news:ad269189.0503250822.5875f389
@posting.google.com:

> Where can you download Strategy Guide, from Prima and Brady Games?

There probably isnt any legal site for that. It would kindof violate one of
their purposes as a way to slow piracy.

Gandalf Parker
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 3:14:53 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"Alan Bernardo" <frank@deford.com> wrote in message
news:1qKdncYoR8QkQ9nfRVn-hw@comcast.com...
>
> "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9624B7B6B5B38knight37m@130.133.1.4...
> > "Bumper" <Bumper89@hotmailDOTcom> once tried to test me with:
> >
> >>
> >> "PimThomas" <pimthomas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:ad269189.0503250822.5875f389@posting.google.com...
> >>> Where can you download Strategy Guide, from Prima and Brady Games?
> >>> I.E Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Official Strategy Guide from Brady
> >>> Games. I'm looking forward to hear something.
> >>>
> >>> Something funny:
> >>> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php :p 
> >>
> >> I'm not sure about the guides you mention but you can go to
> >> http://www.gamespot.com to get some decent guides for those games and
> >> they also have links to http://www.gamefaqs.com for some walkthroughs.
> >> Between the 2 of them you should be able to find everything you need.
> >
> > The guides at Gamespot are often times better than Prima or Brady's
> > offerings. Especially such as Desslock's Baldur's Gate guide and his
> > Morrowind guide.
> >
>
> You've got to be kidding.
>
> Alanb
>
>

I use GameFAQs and GameSpot guides quite a bit. And between the two, I can
usually get thru most of the games out there. And while I haven't used a
lot of the Prima/Brady guides, of the few that I have picked up they seem to
be very sparse when it comes to covering the game.

Plus, the GameFAQ site usuallys has a couple of different guides to view.
The only problem is that they're most written using just regular text.
Sometimes it's a little hard to figure out where in the game you are (10
paces from the red wall, turn right and go 5 paces, and jump on a ledge,
.....). Whereas GameSpot was doing a couple of guides in HTML that
included pictures to go along with the writeups.
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 10:58:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"Alan Bernardo" <frank@deford.com> once tried to test me with:

> Now the only time I've bought a Brady guide was just recently, for WoW
> (World of Warcraft). The guide is excellent, and I'd be lost without
> it. Admittedly, it does have fluff; but most of the guide is nicely
> done and very informative and pertinent.

I'd never buy a guide for an MMO. First of all, the info will be outdated
in less than 6 months. Secondly, the info is out there for free on the web,
at places like Allakhazam's and Thotbot and others.

But if you're enjoying it, that's good to hear.

--

Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
!