C&C: Zero Hour.....Worth $9.99?

Hi All: I enjoyed C&C Generals for what it is. I noticed "Zero Hour" it
was $9.99 @ EB. I guess I'm not looking for anything ground-breaking
here, just wondering if anyone else found the add-on entertaining.

If I can get 5-6 hours of play for $10.00, then nothing lost. As I
recall, C&C Generals campaign was kind of lame in regards to the AI.
Any improvement? Any insight would be appreciated!

Alex

<AMooreonline@juno.com> wrote in message
> Hi All: I enjoyed C&C Generals for what it is. I noticed "Zero Hour" it
> was $9.99 @ EB. I guess I'm not looking for anything ground-breaking
> here, just wondering if anyone else found the add-on entertaining.
>
> If I can get 5-6 hours of play for $10.00, then nothing lost. As I
> recall, C&C Generals campaign was kind of lame in regards to the AI.
> Any improvement? Any insight would be appreciated!
>
> Alex

I think Zero Hour is pretty good, well worth $9.99. Short campaigns, but
the skirmish mode is decent. The computer AI has been beefed up too
compared to the original Generals. I also appreciate the improved interface
and new factions the game introduces. The only major issue I've had is that
if I patch the game beyond 1.0 at all, lag becomes rather severe within 20
minutes of starting a skirmish game. The recent 1.3 patch improves upon
this problem, but it still exists. I've had this problem on combinations of
Intel and AMD systems, as well as ATI and nVidia cards. Something is borked
somewhere. I do fine with version 1.0 though, and I'm not playing online,
so it's not an issue for me. No other games give me these sorts of lag
issues, BTW.