Solved

Help after installing

Hi I just bought my self a new hard drive for my other computer that doesn't have a hard drive. I install windows 7 on this. After is says completing setup. It gives me an erro saying that Windows 7 cannot be used on this computer (something close to that). I need some help on how i can make windows 7 work on this computer.

The computer is a HP Pavilion Elite.
62 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help installing
  1. i'm sure the error message is a little more descriptive than that? Are you trying to install 64 bit windows on a 32bit processor or something? read the error message again.
  2. Well I read the message. The only option was to cancel, and reinstalling windows 7 again. I did that. same message
  3. You probably need Windows with SP1 intergrated. what type of disk is it
  4. Its a normal Windows 7 disk. I got a 36 bit and 63. I'm trying the 36 bit one now. If that will work
  5. Question. Does it matter which windows I put in? Cause theres a sticker on the case of my comp. It says Windows Vista. But I only got a windows 7 disk.
  6. It does if you ain't got a licence key for the windows you are installing.

If it supports 64bit windows I would go for that but what I meant was what type of Hard Disk? I think you may struggle to get setup to complete if its the error I suspect but unless you write down the exact error its only a possibility / guess
  7. I got a Barracuda 1 tb 7200 rpm Hard Disk.
  8. Well it could be that you need the Sata / AHCI Drivers that you will need to load at the point where windows asks you to select the drive to install too.

It could be that you need to change the mode of the disk in the BIOS to another setting. Change it to Sata or AHCI or IDE - or ATA find what works

Or you need windows with SP1 intergrated
  9. or you are installing windows off a flash drive and you're not removing it after the first reboot of the setup and before it Boots
  10. Ok the 36 bit doesn't work. The message Says "Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware".
  11. Aslo once you said Well it could be that you need the Sata / AHCI Drivers that you will need to load at the point where windows asks you to select the drive to install too.

It could be that you need to change the mode of the disk in the BIOS to another setting. Change it to Sata or AHCI or IDE - or ATA find what works

I didn't understand one thing you said. xD soz to say. Can you help on how to make it work?
  12. its 32 bit and please try the above suggestions and let us know
  13. Ok. So at the part where it says to select a driver to install. I did that. But there's only 1 driver there. Also where can i find Sata / AHCI Drivers
  14. versky said:
    Aslo once you said Well it could be that you need the Sata / AHCI Drivers that you will need to load at the point where windows asks you to select the drive to install too.

I didn't understand one thing you said. xD soz to say. Can you help on how to make it work?

Find out what motherboard you have and go to the internet downloads page for it and get the drivers for the Sata / Raid / AHCI or anything relating to the hard disks and try to install them at the point mentioned first.

The second point requires you to enter the BIOS which occurs at startup usually by pressing F2 or Delete Key

In here try find something that says maybe something Like Sata Configuration and lets you set options like IDE - AHCI etc. Try each in turn to see if it allows you to install. IDE is most likely to work
  15. Well. I don't quite understand on how can i install the mother board drivers. Should I just put the dirver in a disk and put it in the computer that im currently trying to install windows 7
  16. Also. I \ryed to enter the BIOS with f2 and Delete key but they didn't work. I pressed Esc. And it took me to the boot device. I this the BIOS?
  17. Ok well apparently the BIOS on yours is via F10 but is also a locked down version so you may not find the option I mention. But worth a look

The load driver bit is done at this screen http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/97441

You copy the driver files you find to a usb stick or disk and press load driver insert the disk or usb and navigate to where the drivers are stored. If it says no drivers found you have wrong directory or the driver is not compatible.
  18. if you still struggling:

Google

Entering BIOS and setting SATA mode

and

Loading SATA Drivers during windows setup
  19. Thank you. I will do this right now. I'm sorry for bothering you with all these stupid questions. I'ma noob at these stuff. I don't do these very often.
  20. Also. Do i need to download the chipset? driver?
  21. Its no problem mate. its jest there are so many different BIOS and Drivers its impossible to Pin down without a full spec of your PC.
  22. Try these at the point of install drivers during setup http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20625/eng/10.8_f6flpy-x64.zip&lang=eng&Dwnldid=20625
    ty sure though all you need to solve this is a
    you need to open the zip file you download and put the contents on disk / usb and install at the point shown above (also install 64bit version of windows).

I am pretty sure though all you need to solve this is a win 7 disk with SP1
  23. Get a Win 7 with SP1 ISO here for the version you have a licence for. If you don't have licence it won't activate and will stop working properly after trial.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-sp1-iso-original-untouch-integrated-image/
  24. Yeah I know that. I'm planning on trying to getting the 90 day trail.
  25. im having some trouble downloading the drivers ;\
  26. Ok i put the driver in a usb. I tryed to find it. But it couldn't find the driver :\
  27. Ok I got a Pentatron Mother Board
  28. Ok i've been trying to find the driver but it can't find it. Help!
  29. Download the windows I linked and burn it to DVD
  30. Which link?
  31. The one 8 posts above this one.

I also posted the driver you may need for the drive above that post too
  32. But the 8th post is just windows 7 download.
  33. I know you need to download it there - the one with SP1 integrated - burn it to DVD and install from that. I think this will solve your issue without any drivers.
  34. Ok I will try it.
  35. Which one is the intergrated one? It seems that i can't find it.
  36. Hey. Should i open it with Deamon tools?
  37. ty soz for being a nub
  38. no burn to DVD
  39. ok. Ty gota wait 24 min :D
  40. kk well going work now so I will check back later and struggle to reply on my phone. I am lucky if this site works well on the PC LOL
  41. Hopefully it will work. My computer im currently am using. Keeps freezing T.T also i want a upgrade. But ty for replying and helping me with my problem.
  42. It give me this message when i put the disk in. No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation mesida contains the correct drivers, and them click ok.

Ok. I put in the windows 64 bit in. And then once it brings me to the load driver screen. I take out the 64bit disk. And i replace the disk with the download you gave me.
  43. If you have burned the windows I linked and then started setup there is no need to load any drivers. Just tell it where you want to install windows and click next. Forget all the driver things now as SP1 includes them.
  44. So there's no need for the windows 64 bit disk correct?
  45. Well the way I did it. I downloaded the file you sent me. I put in a disk. After i put in the disk i selected the disk to be like a usb. I found the program that I downloaded ,and I clicked and dragged the program into the disk.
  46. Best answer
    LOL no. DOwnload Image Burn http://www.imgburn.com/
    Install it
    Put Blank DVD in Drive
    Run Imgburn
    Select Write Image File to Disc
    Click File Menu and select Browse for a source File.

Find the file you downloaded from the link. and press ok
    Set the write speed as low as possible

Press the Burn Picture Bottom Right

Let it burn

Put CD in computer to have windows on

Reboot or start computer with CD in.

It will hopefully say press any key to boot from CD Drive

THis will start windows setup
  47. Ok. It worked. So I just completely install windows?
  48. IT WORKED THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers Hard Drives