Massive Assault: Domination

Anyone playing Domination and have a review of the game? I have been
playing the demo and wanted to know how the full game is.

The game is still a little buggy, but in World War mode it plays fine...

A bigger concern is that Dreamcatcher has chosen to protect the CD with the
dreaded Starforce copy protection system. It hasn't messed with my system
yet because my computer is relatively new, but be forwarned.

"Arnaldo Horta" <ahorta@spamdie.comcast.net> wrote in message
> The game is still a little buggy, but in World War mode it plays fine...
>

> A bigger concern is that Dreamcatcher has chosen to protect the CD with the dreaded Starforce copy
> protection system. It hasn't messed with my system yet because my computer is relatively new, but
> be forwarned.
>

> "Alex Mars" <alexmars@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone playing Domination and have a review of the game? I have been
>> playing the demo and wanted to know how the full game is.

I am still thinking of picking this one up. I had been hoping someone would write a good
review/impression post on it. From what I have read, everyone mentions bugs in the game.

They just released a patch for Domination, not sure what it fixes. I
found a cheap copy of the original MA on ebay and I plan to play
through that before I get Domination. The biggest advantage of
Domination is that you can play real-time LAN MP, the other choice (and
only choice in MA) is playing email style sending moves throught the
MAN server and waiting for them to be sent back.

The game is a blast. It appears to be a simple game but it has a lot
of depth. The non-random combat is very refreshing. The SP game has a
lot of variety, you can play quick battles over a single country or
fight large scale wars across a continent.

> They just released a patch for Domination, not sure what it fixes. I
> found a cheap copy of the original MA on ebay and I plan to play
> through that before I get Domination. The biggest advantage of
> Domination is that you can play real-time LAN MP, the other choice (and
> only choice in MA) is playing email style sending moves throught the
> MAN server and waiting for them to be sent back.
>
> The game is a blast. It appears to be a simple game but it has a lot
> of depth. The non-random combat is very refreshing. The SP game has a
> lot of variety, you can play quick battles over a single country or
> fight large scale wars across a continent.

That sounds good enough for me to pick up the next time I visit the store. Thank you for the quick
impression.

There are demos for both games at Vileplanet.

Well unless you want to play it MP, and then want to pay the
subscription the SP is really only fair at best. The AI is not great,
and once you've exhausted the campaign the replay ablility is down down
down.

It may not be a bad purchase (especially if you want the MP), but for
SPers its borderline.

I found a copy on ebay for less than $10 with shipping, so I don't
regret the expense. The game is a lot of fun, but the developers are
basically clueless and made some bad decisions that will confine the
game to the "could have been a contender" category. The lack of a
direct IP internet MP mode was an idiotic decision.