Seting up A 2nd router behind an AT&T 2Wire UVerse Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyscott

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I need to increase my wireless speed higher that what Uverse gateway is supplying. Want to install a 802.11 N router behind the uverse gateway and disable the uverse wireless. Please advise if the uverse gateway will allow. thanks

Solution
Then yes, it is pretty easy and HERE is a step by step with diagrams and stuff. Just shout out if something doesn't make sense.

edit: it is the part that says using RG as a modem a short way down the page.

rsleonard

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014

Hello...hope you can help. We are seeking to do the same thing (put an RVS4000 behind a uverse gateway, effectively making the gateway a modem). Has this workaround been reliably working for you? I was prepared to do exactly this, but another user -- who hasn't actually done it -- called this approach a "silly hack." I don't care about labels , I just want to utilize an approach that works!

So, please share how this has worked for you or if you adopted another solution. Thanks in advance!

Its not a hack. Not sure what he meant. The gateway cannot be put in bridge mode so the second best way is to use the DMZ method listed above. I had Uverse for several years and had it hooked up this way. I never had any problems. It works fine.

rsleonard

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014

Thank you...I'm not sure what he meant either ; I'm certainly going to try this method and see what happens (and I'll report back).

He also sort of bagged on the RVS4000, too, which is surprising because in 4 years we've only had one reliability issue with the RVS. Thanks for your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS