  • Nvidia
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 20, 2004 1:18:44 PM

I am getting VERY poor performance (around the 20fps
area) and I think I have a very capable PC for a game
that is two years old. I can even run Doom 3 at 50fps+. I
have tried changing resolutions, updating drivers,
tinkering with the nVidia control panel and still no
luck.

My specs are as follows:
Asus K8NE-Deluxe (nVidia Nforce 3 250gb chipset)
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512mb ddr400 Pc3200 ram
nVidia Geforce FX 5200
Windows XP
DirectX 9.0b

Any help?

More about : halo performance

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 6:36:56 PM

What video settings are you running for Halo and Doom3?

Kevin Christian [MSFT] http://www.windowsgaming.com
"n64_ali" <n64_ali@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am getting VERY poor performance (around the 20fps
> area) and I think I have a very capable PC for a game
> that is two years old. I can even run Doom 3 at 50fps+. I
> have tried changing resolutions, updating drivers,
> tinkering with the nVidia control panel and still no
> luck.
>
> My specs are as follows:
> Asus K8NE-Deluxe (nVidia Nforce 3 250gb chipset)
> AMD Athlon 64 3000+
> 512mb ddr400 Pc3200 ram
> nVidia Geforce FX 5200
> Windows XP
> DirectX 9.0b
>
> Any help?
September 22, 2004 5:49:02 PM

in halo, everything high but 640x480x32..in doom 3....general details at
medium, all advanced effects on at 800x600x32....really makes no sense

!