halo performance

I am getting VERY poor performance (around the 20fps
area) and I think I have a very capable PC for a game
that is two years old. I can even run Doom 3 at 50fps+. I
have tried changing resolutions, updating drivers,
tinkering with the nVidia control panel and still no
luck.

My specs are as follows:
Asus K8NE-Deluxe (nVidia Nforce 3 250gb chipset)
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512mb ddr400 Pc3200 ram
nVidia Geforce FX 5200
Windows XP
DirectX 9.0b

Any help?
2 answers Last reply
More about halo performance

    What video settings are you running for Halo and Doom3?

    Kevin Christian [MSFT] http://www.windowsgaming.com
    "n64_ali" <n64_ali@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am getting VERY poor performance (around the 20fps
    > area) and I think I have a very capable PC for a game
    > that is two years old. I can even run Doom 3 at 50fps+. I
    > have tried changing resolutions, updating drivers,
    > tinkering with the nVidia control panel and still no
    > luck.
    >
    > My specs are as follows:
    > Asus K8NE-Deluxe (nVidia Nforce 3 250gb chipset)
    > AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    > 512mb ddr400 Pc3200 ram
    > nVidia Geforce FX 5200
    > Windows XP
    > DirectX 9.0b
    >
    > Any help?

    in halo, everything high but 640x480x32..in doom 3....general details at
    medium, all advanced effects on at 800x600x32....really makes no sense

    "Kevin Christian [MSFT]" wrote:

    > What video settings are you running for Halo and Doom3?

    > Kevin Christian [MSFT] http://www.windowsgaming.com
    > "n64_ali" <n64_ali@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I am getting VERY poor performance (around the 20fps
    > > area) and I think I have a very capable PC for a game
    > > that is two years old. I can even run Doom 3 at 50fps+. I
    > > have tried changing resolutions, updating drivers,
    > > tinkering with the nVidia control panel and still no
    > > luck.
    > >
    > > My specs are as follows:
    > > Asus K8NE-Deluxe (nVidia Nforce 3 250gb chipset)
    > > AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    > > 512mb ddr400 Pc3200 ram
    > > nVidia Geforce FX 5200
    > > Windows XP