how do i play AOE if the disc is copied?

how do i play AOE if the disc is copied? Is there some kind of patch
available

More about play disc copied
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    gamecopyworld.com

    you need to replace the exe file in your folder
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "universe via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in

    > how do i play AOE if the disc is copied? Is there some kind of patch
    > available

    This is someone elses copy? If so then I think you are in the wrong group.
    You want the group for crackers, warez, and pirates. Down the hall, turn
    left, down the stairs 4 flights (yes I know we are on the ground floor), go
    to the large iron door, knock 3 times, pause, knock twice. The little
    window in door will slide open and someone will ask for the password. Say
    "I am a thief" and they will let you in.

    Gandalf Parker
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    i think his point is pretty clear, if you dont copy games, you do
    something else. To use his example, you may run lites, etc, and think
    nothing of it, but to another reader on this group, that would be a
    high-offence.....

    like my 9th grade science teacher said, people in glass houses shouldnt
    get stoned, no wait, it was people in glass houses shouldnt throw
    stones.....
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "What about people who don't speed, don't run LIGHTS, and don't pirate
    games?"

    in the case you dont speed, you are likely peeking in your neighbors
    windows or doing hideous experiments on local pets......non speeders
    are scary......

    Chuck
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    It's the same door for the people who never run red or yellow lights, never
    come to a full stop at a stop sign and who never litter.

    Gamers can be such hypocrits.

    "Gandalf Parker" <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message
    > "universe via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in
    >
    > > how do i play AOE if the disc is copied? Is there some kind of patch
    > > available
    >
    > This is someone elses copy? If so then I think you are in the wrong group.
    > You want the group for crackers, warez, and pirates. Down the hall, turn
    > left, down the stairs 4 flights (yes I know we are on the ground floor),
    go
    > to the large iron door, knock 3 times, pause, knock twice. The little
    > window in door will slide open and someone will ask for the password. Say
    > "I am a thief" and they will let you in.
    >
    > Gandalf Parker
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Gus" <gus@123456.net> once tried to test me with:

    > It's the same door for the people who never run red or yellow lights,
    > never come to a full stop at a stop sign and who never litter.
    >
    > Gamers can be such hypocrits.

    So basically what you're saying, is that since some people do illegal
    things, it's okay for us to encourage other people to do illegal things?

    Or what exactly is your point?

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "garciyalater@hotmail.com" <garciyalater@hotmail.com> once tried to test me
    with:

    > i think his point is pretty clear, if you dont copy games, you do
    > something else. To use his example, you may run lites, etc, and think
    > nothing of it, but to another reader on this group, that would be a
    > high-offence.....

    What about people who don't speed, don't run LIGHTS, and don't pirate
    games?

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "garciyalater@hotmail.com" <garciyalater@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > i think his point is pretty clear, if you dont copy games, you do
    > something else. To use his example, you may run lites, etc, and think
    > nothing of it, but to another reader on this group, that would be a
    > high-offence.....
    >
    > like my 9th grade science teacher said, people in glass houses shouldnt
    > get stoned, no wait, it was people in glass houses shouldnt throw
    > stones.....

    Ummmm no, any more examples? :) But wouldnt the other way also hold true?
    Those who obey any law should speak up?

    OK never mind. So besides the sarcasm, the helpful hint is still
    worthwhile. He should go ask in the crack groups instead of a gamers group.

    Gandalf Parker
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "garciyalater@hotmail.com" <garciyalater@hotmail.com> once tried to test me
    with:

    > "What about people who don't speed, don't run LIGHTS, and don't pirate
    > games?"
    >

    > in the case you dont speed, you are likely peeking in your neighbors
    > windows or doing hideous experiments on local pets......non speeders
    > are scary......

    Very funny. Maybe when you have an actual point worth listening to you can
    come back. Until then, why don't you have a nice warm cup of STFU.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Hi
    Just go to game copyworld you will find all the nocd patches.
    Don't listen to these guys they just want to hide the info <probably run a
    stite full of ad banners/spy ware ect ;)>
    Have fun.

    "universe via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message
    > how do i play AOE if the disc is copied? Is there some kind of patch
    > available

  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    In article <3495b0698b4e476fbc3b0c628ef147b1@GamesKB.com>,
    forum@GamesKB.com says...

    > how do i play AOE if the disc is copied? Is there some kind of patch
    > available

    Take the disk between finger and thumb, then flick it in a spinning
    motion and watch it fly.

    It's more fun if you have a dog to catch it and bring it back for
    another go.

    - Gerry Quinn
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Rick Ryan" <nighthawk@axecessnet.net> wrote in

    > Hi
    > Just go to game copyworld you will find all the nocd patches.
    > Don't listen to these guys they just want to hide the info <probably
    > run a stite full of ad banners/spy ware ect ;)>
    > Have fun.

    Or they are here because they actually like games.

    Gandalf Parker
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Man, why are you all assuming the OP has a pirate copy? It could be a
    backup copy of his own legal original CD, which got F***ED by stupid
    copy protection requiring it to be in the drive all the time, wearing
    out both disk and drive.

    Ok so he didn't make that clear, maybe because he didn't know how damn
    pious this group is. Give the guy a break.

    FWIW I speed quite a lot, never run red lights, occasionally floor it
    for yellows, almost never drop litter, and we don't have stop signs in
    the UK (they're called Give Way and a rolling stop is legal). And
    plenty of people still think I'm still an arsehole, so it tells you
    nothing.

    CC
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > What about people who don't speed, don't run LIGHTS, and don't pirate
    > games?

    I do all of that, and I still consider myself as a nice guy.

    -Moa Dragon
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote in news:1112263944.166961.270610
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Man, why are you all assuming the OP has a pirate copy? It could be a
    > backup copy of his own legal original CD, which got F***ED by stupid
    > copy protection requiring it to be in the drive all the time, wearing
    > out both disk and drive.

    Actually most people are threading off of my response and I specifically
    asked if it was someone elses copy then went on with an "if thats the
    case" statement.

    > Ok so he didn't make that clear, maybe because he didn't know how damn
    > pious this group is. Give the guy a break.

    Granted. Its always good to lurk abit, check the groups charter on file, or
    find the groups FAQ file. Not doing that can cause you to post a big target
    for flamethrowers. I usually am much nicer in my initial response, always
    treating them like a lost sheep which I send on their way even though I
    detest the groups Im sending them to. With this one I was feeling more
    creative. Usually I reserve such responses for when they reply rather than
    take the hint.

    Gandalf Parker
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Mils Michael wrote:
    >>What about people who don't speed, don't run LIGHTS, and don't pirate
    >>games?
    >

    > I do all of that, and I still consider myself as a nice guy.
    >
    > -Moa Dragon

    You're wrong.
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On the 31 Mar 2005, "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    <snip>

    > FWIW I speed quite a lot, never run red lights, occasionally floor it
    > for yellows, almost never drop litter, and we don't have stop signs in
    > the UK

    Actually, we do. They're very rare though, I think I've only ever seen
    one fixed one in my life. The 1999 edition of the Highway Code shows
    one on P73 (top row, right hand side) and gives its meaning as "Stop and
    give way." It's the classic red octagon, with a white border and the
    word "STOP". In addition, there will be a thick solid line across that
    side of the carriageway (see P78).

    Rule 147 states that "You MUST stop behind the line at a junction with
    a 'Stop' sign and a solid white line across the road. Wait for a safe
    gap in the traffic before you move off."

    --
    Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

    nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games