Audigy 2 Sound Card

deekemon

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2003
=-( Well from the beginning I have been planning my new system config for awhile and I had been told that with an audigy 2 platinum I could wire my computer to like aux on my receiver and hence use my stereo speakers. Well last minute math has pointed out that i can only afford the audigy 2 card and thats pushing it. I looked around the internet for some answers to my problem but to no success. Well basically I am left here asking are any of you familiar with this card.... and the outputs on the back...... will it be possible with just the card alone or am i screwed?

r2k

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2001
You can do it with the ordinary Audigy2 (with any sound card out there for that matter). You just connect the front output of the card (i.e. if you need stereo output; if surround sound is what you're after, then connect all analog outputs at the back of the card) to a free input on your amp/receiver (you need a mini-to-RCA cable available everywhere). If you want digital playback, you just connect the coaxial digital out on the Audigy2 to the digital-in of your receiver.

The Platinum just adds more connectors (inputs/outputs) to facilitate connecting your sound card to several devices.