HOMMV announced!

Blues News:

Heroes of Might and Magic V Announced [March 30, 2005 - 3:05 pm EST]
Ubisoft declares the revival of 3DO's Heroes of Might and Magic franchise
with the announcement of Heroes of Might and Magic V, Nival Interactive's
continuation of the turn-based arm of the series. The first screenshots from
the game can be found on the Might and Magic Website, and here is the
announcement:

SAN FRANCISCO - March 30, 2005 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest
videogame publishers, announced the return of the legendary Might and Magic®
brand. Credited with the establishment of the heroic fantasy genre upon its
first release in 1985 on PC, the brand encompasses several product lines
including the mythical Heroes of Might & Magic®. Ubisoft will bring fresh
life to the franchise, while respecting its heritage, just as it
successfully did with cult brands such as Prince of Persia® and Myst®.

The first game to reintroduce the Might & Magic universe to the public
will be Heroes of Might and Magic® V. Gamers will delve into a more mature,
consistent fantasy universe that will appeal to fans of all fantasy genres.
One of the most successful turn-based strategy* franchises, the Heroes of
Might and Magic® series, with its distinctive touch of RPG, is a benchmark
in the Heroic Fantasy genre, with considerable commercial and critical
acclaim. The new game will benefit from the features and characteristics
that established the success of the initial saga while offering a wealth of
innovations such as a highly immersive scenario, a variety of appealing
factions, modern 3D graphics, a revolutionary tactical combat system, and a
story-based campaign mode.

"Ubisoft is pleased to bring back this exceptional series not just for
Heroes fans, but to a larger audience that can appreciate the singular
combination of a fantasy environment and strategic gameplay," said Alain
Corre, Ubisoft's Managing Director for Europe, Asia Pacific and South
America. "Online or offline, the breathtaking world to explore, the tactical
decisions to make, and the opportunity to build a true Hero will entice
players to become a part of the Might & Magic universe."

Developed by a seasoned team at Nival Interactive (Blitzkrieg, Silent
Storm, Etherlords), the unique Might & Magic® experience can be relived on
PC by gamers worldwide in early 2006. For more information, visit
www.mightandmagicgame.com.
5 answers Last reply
More about hommv announced
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    I don't know if I like the screenshots on their websites. It is not
    clear whether they are movie-intro shots or supposed to be from actual
    gameplay.

    If the latter, I worry how well these detailed images would work in
    gameplay.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "JHawk" <brycej@truman.edu> wrote in message
    >I don't know if I like the screenshots on their websites. It is not
    > clear whether they are movie-intro shots or supposed to be from actual
    > gameplay.
    >
    > If the latter, I worry how well these detailed images would work in
    > gameplay.

    It's done by the same guys who did Etherlords, so it's probably in-game
    closeups.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Jonah Falcon wrote:
    > Blues News:
    >
    > Heroes of Might and Magic V Announced [March 30, 2005 - 3:05 pm EST]
    > Ubisoft declares the revival of 3DO's Heroes of Might and Magic franchise
    > with the announcement of Heroes of Might and Magic V, Nival Interactive's
    > continuation of the turn-based arm of the series. The first screenshots from
    > the game can be found on the Might and Magic Website, and here is the
    > announcement:
    >
    > SAN FRANCISCO - March 30, 2005 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest
    > videogame publishers, announced the return of the legendary Might and Magic®
    > brand. Credited with the establishment of the heroic fantasy genre upon its
    > first release in 1985 on PC, the brand encompasses several product lines
    > including the mythical Heroes of Might & Magic®. Ubisoft will bring fresh
    > life to the franchise, while respecting its heritage, just as it
    > successfully did with cult brands such as Prince of Persia® and Myst®.
    >
    > The first game to reintroduce the Might & Magic universe to the public
    > will be Heroes of Might and Magic® V. Gamers will delve into a more mature,
    > consistent fantasy universe that will appeal to fans of all fantasy genres.
    > One of the most successful turn-based strategy* franchises, the Heroes of
    > Might and Magic® series, with its distinctive touch of RPG, is a benchmark
    > in the Heroic Fantasy genre, with considerable commercial and critical
    > acclaim. The new game will benefit from the features and characteristics
    > that established the success of the initial saga while offering a wealth of
    > innovations such as a highly immersive scenario, a variety of appealing
    > factions, modern 3D graphics, a revolutionary tactical combat system, and a
    > story-based campaign mode.
    >
    > "Ubisoft is pleased to bring back this exceptional series not just for
    > Heroes fans, but to a larger audience that can appreciate the singular
    > combination of a fantasy environment and strategic gameplay," said Alain
    > Corre, Ubisoft's Managing Director for Europe, Asia Pacific and South
    > America. "Online or offline, the breathtaking world to explore, the tactical
    > decisions to make, and the opportunity to build a true Hero will entice
    > players to become a part of the Might & Magic universe."
    >
    > Developed by a seasoned team at Nival Interactive (Blitzkrieg, Silent
    > Storm, Etherlords), the unique Might & Magic® experience can be relived on
    > PC by gamers worldwide in early 2006. For more information, visit
    > www.mightandmagicgame.com.

    Hmm, while the prospect of a new HOMM definitely excites me, I don't
    know about the Etherlords guys developing it, I wasn't too crazy about
    those games. Plus it has that ridiculous archangel with the cross-sword.
    :P Here's hoping it turns out well.

    Tom Meyer
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    I always assumed it was short for pants-load
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > Hmm, while the prospect of a new HOMM definitely excites me, I don't know
    > about the Etherlords guys developing it, I wasn't too crazy about those
    > games. Plus it has that ridiculous archangel with the cross-sword. :P
    > Here's hoping it turns out well.

    That angel sort of resembles something you might see in Disciples, doesn't
    it?

PC gaming Video Games