Nokia 6016i questions

Last response: in Network Providers
November 25, 2004 6:40:08 PM

Is there a way to reduce the text size on this phone? While I am
getting old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, it still does
not require the large size text.

And, on my Motorola V60V I was able to assign a "silent" ring to those
numbers I didn't want to answer - but there's no option for 'silent'
on the Nokia 6016i. Any ideas?

Also, I would like more than the phone number to show up on incoming
calls - is there any way or any phone that supports two-line caller
id? (With name and number?)

Any help appreciated.
---
ii
-Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative-
-remove the stake to e-mail-

More about : nokia 6016i questions

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 8:52:40 PM

Text size? I don't see anything like this in the menu listings on
p.61-66 of the manual, but I have seen Nokias that gave you a choice of
seeing one name/number per screen or three per screen when scrolling
thru the phonebook.

Silent ring? Maybe not, but on p.77-81 of the manual I see that you can
assign a particular ringtone to a phonebook entry. Maybe you can select
or download a ringtone that's just a single beep that you might not even
notice. Or maybe you can place the entry into a Caller Group and do
something with the Alert for that Caller Group (p.65).

Caller ID name? No Sprint phone shows this, because Sprint doesn't
supply this info. You'll only see a name if the incoming number matches
an entry in your phonebook.

ii wrote:
> Is there a way to reduce the text size on this phone? While I am
> getting old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, it still does
> not require the large size text.
>
> And, on my Motorola V60V I was able to assign a "silent" ring to those
> numbers I didn't want to answer - but there's no option for 'silent'
> on the Nokia 6016i. Any ideas?
>
> Also, I would like more than the phone number to show up on incoming
> calls - is there any way or any phone that supports two-line caller
> id? (With name and number?)
>
> Any help appreciated.
> ---
> ii
> -Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative-
> -remove the stake to e-mail-
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 9:02:12 PM

Also, ii, you should change the --- (three dashes) at the top of your
signature to -- (two dashes) to be recognized as a signature by
newsreader programs displaying your messages.