Heroes 5 Officially Announced it seems

Looks like Ubisoft have mad an official announcement on Heroes 5 - It's gone
full 3d

http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/teaser/uk/ is the official site

Ironhand wrote:
> Looks like Ubisoft have mad an official announcement on Heroes 5 -
> It's gone full 3d
>
> http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/teaser/uk/ is the official site

It's also gone Russian. (The developer, that is). So expect a bizzare
UI and lots of weirdness.

Jeremy Reaban <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/teaser/uk/ is the official site
>
> It's also gone Russian. (The developer, that is). So expect a bizzare
> UI and lots of weirdness.

Hopefully Nival won't rush it out the door. The difference in play
testing between Silent Storm and Silent Storm: Sentinels was pretty
blatant.

(Although I still don't understand why trivial spelling errors, like
"Enfield" vs. "Enfiled", survive patches and even expansion packs. And the
Gold Edition says "3 CD's" instead of "3 CDs", in big letters across the
front of the box, so the UK marketing department ain't doing no English
real good neither. Can't even blame that one on American public schools.
How hard is it to find somebody with a college degree in English or German
or Russian to do clean up the text after the translator takes a whack
at it? The text in Silent Storm had a lot of issues, and the mission
briefings in Massive Assault were laughable.)

I'm a little worried that they seem to be announcing it well ahead of
the game -- those screen shots look like concept art. Seems like they're
a little unsure of themselves.

--
Send mail to fadden@fadden.com (Andy McFadden) - http://www.fadden.com/
CD-Recordable FAQ - http://www.cdrfaq.org/

Old news is so FUN! :p

Jonah Falcon

Andy McFadden wrote:

> (Although I still don't understand why trivial spelling errors, like
> "Enfield" vs. "Enfiled", survive patches and even expansion packs.
And the
> Gold Edition says "3 CD's" instead of "3 CDs", in big letters across
the
> front of the box, so the UK marketing department ain't doing no
English
> real good neither. Can't even blame that one on American public
schools.

Actually, although incorrect, I see a lot of use of the apostrophe when
pluralizing symbols. Abbreviations is not a big leap from there.

Personally, I see enough (mis-)use of regurlar language to complain
about punctuation- at least when the meaning is clear, anyway.

christopher

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

The American Heritage® Book of English Usage. A Practical and
Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English. 1996.
http://www.bartleby.com/64/81.html
" Usage with regard to forming the plurals of letters, numbers, and
abbreviations varies somewhat. In some cases you have a choice between
adding -s or -'s, although the trend is increasingly to add -s alone:
three As or three A's; the ABCs or the ABC's; the 1900s or the
1900's; PhDs or PhD's; several IOUs or several IOU's. With
lowercase letters, symbols, abbreviations with periods, and in cases
where confusion might arise without an apostrophe, use -'s to form
the plural: p's and q's; +'s; -'s; M.A.'s; A's and I's;
2's. Mainly your goal is to be as clear as possible and avoid
confusion."

christopher@dailycrossword.com wrote:
> The American Heritage Book of English Usage. A Practical and
> Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English. 1996.
> http://www.bartleby.com/64/81.html

I stand corrected.

And deeply disturbed. :)

--
Send mail to fadden@fadden.com (Andy McFadden) - http://www.fadden.com/
CD-Recordable FAQ - http://www.cdrfaq.org/
CiderPress Apple II archive utility for Windows - http://www.faddensoft.com/
Fight Internet Spam - http://spam.abuse.net/spam/ & http://spamcop.net/

Gorgeous, but near completely useless as far as functional game
graphics go. I hope they make it so the map can be zoomed out and be
viewable.