Rise of Nations doesn't load after installing Windows 2003..

RoN always ran fine. After SP1, I get the opening movies, but the game just
exits.

I've read some articles about similar issues with Windows XP SP2, but their
solutions was
firewall. I didn't install the firewall.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have the latest updates for the games
as well.
3 answers Last reply
More about rise nations doesn load installing windows 2003
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "WJ" <wj@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > RoN always ran fine. After SP1, I get the opening movies, but the game
    > just exits.
    >
    > I've read some articles about similar issues with Windows XP SP2, but
    > their solutions was
    > firewall. I didn't install the firewall.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have the latest updates for the games
    > as well.

    Upgrade to Service pack 2 and check your video drivers

    I never had a service pack cause any problems with a game

    check the vid drivers
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > Upgrade to Service pack 2 and check your video drivers
    >
    > I never had a service pack cause any problems with a game
    >
    > check the vid drivers

    I'm running on Windows 2003. SP1 was just released.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Joiner wrote:
    > "WJ" <wj@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> RoN always ran fine. After SP1, I get the opening movies, but the
    >> game just exits.
    >>
    >> I've read some articles about similar issues with Windows XP SP2, but
    >> their solutions was
    >> firewall. I didn't install the firewall.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have the latest updates for the
    >> games as well.
    >
    > Upgrade to Service pack 2 and check your video drivers
    >
    > I never had a service pack cause any problems with a game
    >
    > check the vid drivers

    this is not XP, its 2003 which only has sp1 (just came out within the
    past few days)

PC gaming Windows Server 2003 Games Firewalls Video Games