Rise of Nations doesn't load after installing Windows 2003..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 5, 2005 11:15:49 PM

RoN always ran fine. After SP1, I get the opening movies, but the game just
exits.

I've read some articles about similar issues with Windows XP SP2, but their
solutions was
firewall. I didn't install the firewall.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have the latest updates for the games
as well.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 3:58:49 PM

"WJ" <wj@nospam.com> wrote in message
> RoN always ran fine. After SP1, I get the opening movies, but the game
> just exits.
>
> I've read some articles about similar issues with Windows XP SP2, but
> their solutions was
> firewall. I didn't install the firewall.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have the latest updates for the games
> as well.

Upgrade to Service pack 2 and check your video drivers

I never had a service pack cause any problems with a game

check the vid drivers
April 6, 2005 10:17:00 PM

> Upgrade to Service pack 2 and check your video drivers
>
> I never had a service pack cause any problems with a game
>
> check the vid drivers

I'm running on Windows 2003. SP1 was just released.
April 8, 2005 6:20:43 AM

Joiner wrote:
> "WJ" <wj@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> RoN always ran fine. After SP1, I get the opening movies, but the
>> game just exits.
>>
>> I've read some articles about similar issues with Windows XP SP2, but
>> their solutions was
>> firewall. I didn't install the firewall.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have the latest updates for the
>> games as well.
>
> Upgrade to Service pack 2 and check your video drivers
>
> I never had a service pack cause any problems with a game
>
> check the vid drivers

this is not XP, its 2003 which only has sp1 (just came out within the
past few days)