The Babes Of Computex 2008, Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Where are the studs?

Why always only post women, never men? Now I would admit the majority of geeks that read this stuff are male, but there are a significant number of females that would like to see the male also objectified as your site so eloquently does.

Emily

Aquaman123

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
[citation][nom]htoonthura[/nom]what's up with them. they are not hot. [/citation]
Its either you are a woman or gay :(

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't think they have booth studs, sorry.

Some of these girls are attractive, but more importantly, do they know anything about their respective products?

Yager

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Desertlax[/nom]that looks like the unreal tournament symbol on picture 11, though I don't know what character.[/citation]
That is just the thermaltake symbol.

G

On pic 11 You can see Tt on her cuff. Thermaltake. First two are nice, intel and nvidia.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Wow, only Intel knows how to pick Asian chicks. I won't comment on the two non-Asian but most of the Asian chicks are just average; I'm from Taiwan so I know.

grasshopper80

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Titanius[/nom]Feminist...[/citation]
I'm not sure what you meant by typing the word feminist. Was that supposed to be a statement of some sort because just typing a random noun followed by an ellipsis really doesn't convey much meaning. A feminist is someone, male or female, who believes in social, political and economic equality between the sexes.

Stapler...

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
Because it's not a blond with big t*ts, so she's not hot? She's very cute. You need too broaden your horizons and give the rest of the world some love.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Emily

The IT crowd is dominantly male, even you admit that, so we like cute girls in police costumes... If there were a significant amount of females that would like to see males "objectified", I wouldn't be offended at all. Might even volunteer to wear a costume, but since women are a minority in this industry, and overall less responsive to these types of tactics, it would be a waste.

*I'm writing too much on this already: but anyway, in advertising women actually respond more to other women, than to men. Open up a Cosmo mag, and count how many "objectified" women there are compared to men. If men are present, often they are sort of in the background, as accessories to the women portrayed.

Anyway, I like the hitachi girls. Lol

yerdoom

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]grasshopper80[/nom]I'm not sure what you meant by typing the word feminist. Was that supposed to be a statement of some sort because just typing a random noun followed by an ellipsis really doesn't convey much meaning. A feminist is someone, male or female, who believes in social, political and economic equality between the sexes. Stapler...[/citation]

Wrong. That's what feminists SAY they are publicly. Anyone who has ever gotten into a deeper-than-rhetoric conversation with a real feminist knows better. I'm all for equal rights, but the truth is men and women are far too different to be 'equal' in the ways feminists REALLY want them to be (IMHO comparing apples to oranges, neither is better). The modern feminists' vision of 'equality' usually requires the suppression of NATURAL(and in no way harmful, or detrimental to the causes you mentioned, but very necessary for mental/emotional health) mental processes and behavior of both sexes. And the 'reasons' are NEVER rational, but are usually based in some sort of emotional, abstract theory or philosophy that has no foundation in any real scientific data, or even reality at all.

So yes, when Titanius said "Feminist..." he was identifying emily(whether correctly or not) as a modern feminist. It was a statement, with negative connotation. You can be sure of that. ;)

Toss up: the hitachis/nvidia 1, though the sword-wielding chick wasn't bad either.

aleluja

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
[citation][nom]Aquaman123[/nom]Its either you are a woman or gay [/citation]
Im not woman and not gay, and i still think there were no hot 'babes' here.

Status
Not open for further replies.