Having many problems with my computer recently.

giantkirby4

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
I first started having this audio/video stutter that laster around 5 seconds. This happened maybe once or less a day but now it is happening more frequently. Today it has done it about 6 times. Today while trying to adjust the volume from the sound icon on the task bar it said Volume Mixer has stopped responding, and there was no audio coming from my speakers after that. I tried restarting my computer and it took a while to turn back on. It was stuck on a black screen for about 5 minutes. When I finally got to my desktop the sound still wasnt working. I couldn't open Sound from control panel either. I went to device manager and tried to uninstall Realtek High Definition Audio and the bar was moving very slowly and stuttering. I ended up closing it and the driver was uninstalled. I am now in the process of redownloading the audio drivers but my internet is really slow. Now when I try to open various programs they just close. I tried opening Skype and when I clicked sign in it stopped responding. Eventually it opened but it said I had no friends online (which I did). I tried opening games like League of Legends. The launcher opened but when I click Play nothing happens. Same with Path of Exile. I can see that they are running in Task Manager but I can't open them. Please help. Thanks.

I think you should try the Windows Refresh option available in Win 8. This will refresh your Windows installation and hopefully remove your problems. Your data will be preserved, but you may need to re-install some of your Apps. On the Start screen, type 'Refresh' and from Settings choose 'Refresh Your PC' (You'll probably need an installation disk)