best strategy game of all !

want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
start :)

1. Space Federation @ http://www.spacefederation.net
2. Romance of the 3 kingdom
3. Civilization

dang, wonder where i put my civ. wish they have a civ 4 or something.

Cowly the Game player

Games I support

http://www.gamestotal.com
http://www.spacefederation.net
http://uc.gamestotal.com
http://aw.gamestotal.com
http://gc.gamestotal.com
http://mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://3700ad.gamestotal.com
http://ballmonster.gamestotal.com
http://free_mmorpg.gamestotal.com
http://strategy_games.gamestotal.com
http://free_strategy_games.gamestotal.com

1) Dominions 2
2) Master of Orion
3) Jagged Alliance 2

<step_y@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
> start :)
>
> 1. Space Federation @ http://www.spacefederation.net
> 2. Romance of the 3 kingdom
> 3. Civilization

X-Com
King of Dragon Pass
Entrepreneur

oh and moo

step_y@yahoo.com writes:

> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played.

1. Myth
2. Civ
3. X-Com

In that order. If you consider Myth and X-Com "tactical" games rather
than "strategic", then:

1. Civ
2. MOO
3. Master of Magic

So I'm old school, sue me. :^)

Nick

--
# sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])

step_y@yahoo.com wrote:
> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
> start :)
>
> 1. Space Federation @ http://www.spacefederation.net
> 2. Romance of the 3 kingdom
> 3. Civilization

1. Stars!
2. Panzer General
3. MTW

mcv.

Alpha Centauri

step_y@yahoo.com wrote in news:1112958672.656842.95190
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
> start :)
>
> 1. Space Federation @ http://www.spacefederation.net
> 2. Romance of the 3 kingdom
> 3. Civilization

Heroes of Might & Magic III
Master of Orion II
Starcraft

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

On 8 Apr 2005 04:11:12 -0700, step_y@yahoo.com wrote:

>want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
>one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
>start :)

Civilization 2
Imperialism 2
Europa Universalis 2

Hmm, I see a pattern here...

step_y@yahoo.com wrote in news:1112958672.656842.95190
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
> start :)

(1) Dominions 2: the Ascension Wars
absolutely and far into the number one slot

(2) Space Empires IV
a 4x space game but only high rated with the player mods

(3) Hmmm not sure after that.
Master of Magic? Stars? Celtic Kings?

Gandalf Parker
-- I was asked "Do you think playing games is a life?"
And I responded "Dont you think living life is a game?"
(and by the way, Im winning!)

<step_y@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
> start :)
>
> 1. Space Federation @ http://www.spacefederation.net
> 2. Romance of the 3 kingdom
> 3. Civilization
>
> dang, wonder where i put my civ. wish they have a civ 4 or something.

Most inane post of all!

We know who wins that.

Alanb

christopher

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

Civ
GalCiv
MOO and MoM
(Imperialism)

I really think you need to separate RTS from TBS, because I can't even
compare Starcraft to Civ.

Maybe we need to have a blogsite that has these surveys on it, and then
we can take a pole of which survey question we like best.

Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in

> step_y@yahoo.com wrote in news:1112958672.656842.95190
> @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
>> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever
played.
>> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
>> start :)
>
> (1) Dominions 2: the Ascension Wars
> absolutely and far into the number one slot
>
> (2) Space Empires IV
> a 4x space game but only high rated with the player mods
>
> (3) Hmmm not sure after that.
> Master of Magic? Stars? Celtic Kings?

Celtic Kings? Are you serious? It seemed "okay" sort of but certainly not
in the top 3 contenders.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-04-08, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

> Celtic Kings? Are you serious? It seemed "okay" sort of but certainly not
> in the top 3 contenders.

Yep. It was garbage. I believe there were two additional games
made in the same one. They're all available at TotalGaming.net
and trygames.com

Garbage that Strategy First published.

On 8 Apr 2005 04:11:12 -0700, step_y@yahoo.com wrote:

>want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
>one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
>start :)

Homm 3
Homm 2
Civ 2

-Derek

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in

> On 2005-04-08, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Celtic Kings? Are you serious? It seemed "okay" sort of but certainly
>> not in the top 3 contenders.
>
> Yep. It was garbage. I believe there were two additional games
> made in the same one. They're all available at TotalGaming.net
> and trygames.com
>
> Garbage that Strategy First published.

I said it was "okay". It certainly wasn't garbage. I remember having
several hours of fun with it. Certainly not Top 3 Strategy Games Evar
material but not a waste of money either, esp. at bargain prices you can
find it now. I liked the way the tutorial sort of walked you through a
story and taught you about the game at the same time. Not as polished as
Starcraft's learning-levels but still pretty cool.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in

> shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in
>
>> On 2005-04-08, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Celtic Kings? Are you serious? It seemed "okay" sort of but
>>> certainly not in the top 3 contenders.
>>
>> Yep. It was garbage. I believe there were two additional games
>> made in the same one. They're all available at TotalGaming.net
>> and trygames.com
>>
>> Garbage that Strategy First published.
>
> I said it was "okay". It certainly wasn't garbage. I remember having
> several hours of fun with it. Certainly not Top 3 Strategy Games Evar
> material but not a waste of money either, esp. at bargain prices you
> can find it now. I liked the way the tutorial sort of walked you
> through a story and taught you about the game at the same time. Not as
> polished as Starcraft's learning-levels but still pretty cool.

Its on my machine in the "quick game without TOO much thought" category.
Along with things like "Missile Command" and "Breakout". Its what I fall
back to when Im too tired or too pissed at something to play #1 or #2.

You are all correct. I should not have listed it as number 3.

Gandalf Parker

<step_y@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
> start :)
>
> 1. Space Federation @ http://www.spacefederation.net
> 2. Romance of the 3 kingdom
> 3. Civilization
>
> dang, wonder where i put my civ. wish they have a civ 4 or something.

1. MOM
2. MOO 2
3. Civ 2

Yeah, that's about it. Good strategy games are hard to come by, especially
the massive and really strategic ones.

Gandalf Parker <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> once tried to test me
with:

> You are all correct. I should not have listed it as number 3.

LOL, hey, you don't have to justify your Top 3, if that's what you like, so
be it. ;)

I've found that my Top 3 will vary depending on what day you ask me. ;p

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

1) XCom
2) MOO
3) Panzer General

<step_y@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> want to start a thread of the best strategy games you have ever played.
> one person can vote 3 best strategy games you have ever played. i will
> start :)
>
> 1. Space Federation @ http://www.spacefederation.net
> 2. Romance of the 3 kingdom
> 3. Civilization
>
> dang, wonder where i put my civ. wish they have a civ 4 or something.
>

> Cowly the Game player
>
> Games I support
>
> http://www.gamestotal.com
> http://www.spacefederation.net
> http://uc.gamestotal.com
> http://aw.gamestotal.com
> http://gc.gamestotal.com
> http://mmorpg.gamestotal.com
> http://3700ad.gamestotal.com
> http://ballmonster.gamestotal.com
> http://free_mmorpg.gamestotal.com
> http://strategy_games.gamestotal.com
> http://free_strategy_games.gamestotal.com

In no particular order.

Jagged Alliance 2
Steel Panthers
Civ2

nostromo

Thus spake step_y@yahoo.com, 8 Apr 2005 18:14:35 -0700, Anno Domini:

>what is stars ?

Best turn-based strat game ever! And it fits on one floppy lol!

--
A killfile is a friend for life.