Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can longer Data cable increase speed from data card/dongle ?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 11, 2013 2:28:07 PM

i have a data card with max. speed of 3.1mbps but i get only abt 1/3rd of it lol... so i was thinking to buy a longer data cable as i saw on some site that the speed increases ... some guy bought a big data cable and hung it out his window ... he got more speed cuz of that...

Best solution

February 11, 2013 2:38:20 PM

Not clear if you're referring to wifi or cellular here. But to the extent using a longer cable gives you a better signal, then yes, you could probably expect more throughput, but not because it's faster, but because there's less loss of signal and/or errors in the transmissions.
February 11, 2013 8:25:09 PM

eibgrad said:
Not clear if you're referring to wifi or cellular here. But to the extent using a longer cable gives you a better signal, then yes, you could probably expect more throughput, but not because it's faster, but because there's less loss of signal and/or errors in the transmissions.

http://www.flipkart.com/beetel-3g-data-card/p/itmd55krr...

well this is what i got... not the same model n company but u should get the point..
m
l
Related resources
February 11, 2013 9:10:43 PM

Fine, but what I said before still applies. If you can get a better signal by using a USB extension cable, you'll probably get more throughput.
m
l
February 14, 2013 11:16:11 PM

Best answer selected by divJ.
m
l
!