Solved

Can longer Data cable increase speed from data card/dongle ?

i have a data card with max. speed of 3.1mbps but i get only abt 1/3rd of it lol... so i was thinking to buy a longer data cable as i saw on some site that the speed increases ... some guy bought a big data cable and hung it out his window ... he got more speed cuz of that...
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about longer data cable increase speed data card dongle
  1. Best answer
    Not clear if you're referring to wifi or cellular here. But to the extent using a longer cable gives you a better signal, then yes, you could probably expect more throughput, but not because it's faster, but because there's less loss of signal and/or errors in the transmissions.
  2. eibgrad said:
    Not clear if you're referring to wifi or cellular here. But to the extent using a longer cable gives you a better signal, then yes, you could probably expect more throughput, but not because it's faster, but because there's less loss of signal and/or errors in the transmissions.

http://www.flipkart.com/beetel-3g-data-card/p/itmd55krrr74mjfu?pid=DATD55KQSMHMFTZB&ref=aa238ced-87c4-42cb-8586-a1d3875cab4a&srno=m_1_1&otracker=from-search&query=data%20card

well this is what i got... not the same model n company but u should get the point..
  3. Fine, but what I said before still applies. If you can get a better signal by using a USB extension cable, you'll probably get more throughput.
  4. Best answer selected by divJ.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Cable Big Data Wireless Networking