Mn-700. Having setup problems

solitude

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

My problem is .. when I try to install the software for
my wireless base it installs the software and then asks
to run the setup wizard. I tell it to run it and then it
does nothing. How am I to set up my wireless base if i
can't run the setup wizard? I've turned off firewall,
i've turned off antivirus, i've tried different setup
disks, i've even tried different computer same thing. Do
I need to uninstall my old network first? Please help
I'm about to return this product and I don't want to.

Thanks
Solitude

raf

Hi,

Cancel the Windows Network Setup Wizard and only use the
Broadband installation software that comes on the CD.
I would never recommend to anyone to use the network
setup wizard in Windows XP, as it causes more problems
then it fixes.

Raf

Do you see the screen that says 'set up a product'?

You can also bypass the wizards, see the manual for "manual set-up"

Enter http://192.168.2.1 into a web browser on a computer attached to
the base station. The configurations should be there.

--
Lower your cable bill! http://careers.comcast.com/choices/searchlocations.asp