What were or still are,your favorite arcade games and why?

Last response: in Video Games
April 14, 2005 1:06:31 AM

What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
(or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

More about : favorite arcade games

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 6:09:30 PM

<lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
> and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
> (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

Breakout, Phoenix
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 7:16:22 PM

lav111@hotmail.com wrote in news:1113449989.030142.195790
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
> and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
> (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

Missile Command, Dig-Dug, Breakout

Gandalf Parker
April 14, 2005 7:16:23 PM

"Gandalf Parker" <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message

> Missile Command, Dig-Dug, Breakout
>
> Gandalf Parker

Ahhhhh Missile Command (my all-time favourite). I remember being in a race
with two other neighborhood children, to be the high scorer in our local
shop. I finally won when I reached 800,000 and the machine just started
giving 6 free cities for every turn after that, even if you didn't play. We
let it run up to 1 billion to see what happened (it reverted back to zero),
then turned the machine off. Never played it again after that.

Qix was another favourite which I still play today (old PC conversion). I
also still play "Night Mission Pinball".

Richard
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 10:20:53 PM

<lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
> and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
> (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

Gorf and Time Pilot.
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:01:04 AM

My old time game was "Pac-Man" on Atari but now I am absolutley GA GA
about Breakout Games(arkanoid).I search the web for ALL styles ( free
ones are the best :-)
CAT!
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:01:11 AM

My old time game was "Pac-Man" on Atari but now I am absolutley GA GA
about Breakout Games(arkanoid).I search the web for ALL styles ( free
ones are the best :-)
CAT!
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:01:24 AM

My old time game was "Pac-Man" on Atari but now I am absolutley GA GA
about Breakout Games(arkanoid).I search the web for ALL styles ( free
ones are the best :-)
CAT!
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 1:26:41 AM

"rlsuth" <rlsuth@comcast.net> wrote in news:6sCdnRJEDsF6TcPfRVn-
rg@comcast.com:

> Qix was another favourite which I still play today (old PC conversion).

QIX! I remember Qix. Loved that game.
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=Q&game_id=91...

Gandalf Parker
-- and I was asked......
"Oh great Computer Guru, what is the meaning of life?"
and I replied........
"Bigger, Better TOYs"
April 15, 2005 11:16:04 AM

Thus spake lav111@hotmail.com, 13 Apr 2005 21:06:31 -0700, Anno Domini:

>What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
>and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
>(or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

Galaga, hands down. :)

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

April 15, 2005 12:23:41 PM

Guilty Gear XX: Reload - awesome
Virtua Fighter EVO - best
King of Fighters 2003 - cream dream
April 15, 2005 6:25:36 PM

Nemisis and Rygar have to rank in my top ten. Used to cane nemisis
and rygar was so much fun.

King of Boxer was also another fav, Dr Doh, Bubble Bobble, Double
Dragon (don't know why but used to play this a lot)

the overhead car game with four cars and you picked up golden
spanners.

Some sci fi game where you were a cartoon space ship but the battles
used to happen with film backgrounds (back in the 80's the machine was
about)

Never got on with Wonder Boy, Operation Wolf, Paperboy etc

lav111@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<1113449989.030142.195790@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
> and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
> (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 4:30:58 AM

you didnt list any yourself :(
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 9:47:58 AM

<lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
> and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
> (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

For the last couple of weeks I've been rather fanatically playing a free
Tetris-clone, called "Tetrix" on my pc.
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 2:07:50 AM

On 13 Apr 2005 21:06:31 -0700, lav111@hotmail.com wrote:

>What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
>and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
>(or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

Asteroids. The original was a brilliant game, with intertial
spaceflight physics (simple but effective), and later incarnations
have kept the challenge up. Star Control could be considered a
successor to this (and Space Wars, its earlier technological
relative).

Gauntlet. The original arcade game offered an excellent multiplayer
experience, with classic RPG feel.

Both of these were excellent quarter consumers. You could get good
enough at Asteroids to play for a long while on one coin, but
Gauntlet's design encouraged spending money for extra health/life.

** Muskego WI Access Channel 14/25 <http://www.execpc.com/~jeffsj/mach7/&gt;
*Starfire Design Studio* <http://www.starfiredesign.com/&gt;
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 10:47:57 AM

lav111@hotmail.com wrote in news:1113449989.030142.195790
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
> and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
> (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

I liked Joust - Damn good game and absolutely unique game play.
Played it alot in arcades, tried it on the PC but is just wasn't the same
without a big joystick in one hand, and a button to mash like mad for the
other.
You really have to mash that button to get the dude to fly good - Something
that just isn't possible with a thumb.
!