What were or still are,your favorite arcade games and why?

What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
(or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.
15 answers Last reply
More about what your favorite arcade games
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    <lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    Breakout, Phoenix
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    lav111@hotmail.com wrote in news:1113449989.030142.195790
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    Missile Command, Dig-Dug, Breakout

    Gandalf Parker
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "Gandalf Parker" <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message

    > Missile Command, Dig-Dug, Breakout
    >
    > Gandalf Parker

    Ahhhhh Missile Command (my all-time favourite). I remember being in a race
    with two other neighborhood children, to be the high scorer in our local
    shop. I finally won when I reached 800,000 and the machine just started
    giving 6 free cities for every turn after that, even if you didn't play. We
    let it run up to 1 billion to see what happened (it reverted back to zero),
    then turned the machine off. Never played it again after that.

    Qix was another favourite which I still play today (old PC conversion). I
    also still play "Night Mission Pinball".

    Richard
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    <lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    Gorf and Time Pilot.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    My old time game was "Pac-Man" on Atari but now I am absolutley GA GA
    about Breakout Games(arkanoid).I search the web for ALL styles ( free
    ones are the best :-)
    CAT!
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    My old time game was "Pac-Man" on Atari but now I am absolutley GA GA
    about Breakout Games(arkanoid).I search the web for ALL styles ( free
    ones are the best :-)
    CAT!
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    My old time game was "Pac-Man" on Atari but now I am absolutley GA GA
    about Breakout Games(arkanoid).I search the web for ALL styles ( free
    ones are the best :-)
    CAT!
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "rlsuth" <rlsuth@comcast.net> wrote in news:6sCdnRJEDsF6TcPfRVn-
    rg@comcast.com:

    > Qix was another favourite which I still play today (old PC conversion).

    QIX! I remember Qix. Loved that game.
    http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=Q&game_id=9185

    Gandalf Parker
    -- and I was asked......
    "Oh great Computer Guru, what is the meaning of life?"
    and I replied........
    "Bigger, Better TOYs"
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Thus spake lav111@hotmail.com, 13 Apr 2005 21:06:31 -0700, Anno Domini:

    >What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    >and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    >(or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    Galaga, hands down. :)

    --
    A killfile is a friend for life.

  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Guilty Gear XX: Reload - awesome
    Virtua Fighter EVO - best
    King of Fighters 2003 - cream dream
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    Nemisis and Rygar have to rank in my top ten. Used to cane nemisis
    and rygar was so much fun.

    King of Boxer was also another fav, Dr Doh, Bubble Bobble, Double
    Dragon (don't know why but used to play this a lot)

    the overhead car game with four cars and you picked up golden
    spanners.

    Some sci fi game where you were a cartoon space ship but the battles
    used to happen with film backgrounds (back in the 80's the machine was
    about)

    Never got on with Wonder Boy, Operation Wolf, Paperboy etc

    lav111@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<1113449989.030142.195790@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    you didnt list any yourself :(
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    <lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    For the last couple of weeks I've been rather fanatically playing a free
    Tetris-clone, called "Tetrix" on my pc.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On 13 Apr 2005 21:06:31 -0700, lav111@hotmail.com wrote:

    >What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    >and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    >(or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    Asteroids. The original was a brilliant game, with intertial
    spaceflight physics (simple but effective), and later incarnations
    have kept the challenge up. Star Control could be considered a
    successor to this (and Space Wars, its earlier technological
    relative).

    Gauntlet. The original arcade game offered an excellent multiplayer
    experience, with classic RPG feel.

    Both of these were excellent quarter consumers. You could get good
    enough at Asteroids to play for a long while on one coin, but
    Gauntlet's design encouraged spending money for extra health/life.

  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    lav111@hotmail.com wrote in news:1113449989.030142.195790
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    I liked Joust - Damn good game and absolutely unique game play.
    Played it alot in arcades, tried it on the PC but is just wasn't the same
    without a big joystick in one hand, and a button to mash like mad for the
    other.
    You really have to mash that button to get the dude to fly good - Something
    that just isn't possible with a thumb.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games