Recommend me a good modern warfare RTS!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 17, 2005 7:58:16 AM

I don't follow game news much, so I don't know what's out there.... but
what is a good modern warfare real-time strategy game? Preferably Desert
Storm and later, but Vietnam and later will do too, and preferably not
anything too futuristic (ie, no mechs or weird technology). Turn-based is
good too... thanks in advance!
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 7:58:17 AM

"David" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
>I don't follow game news much, so I don't know what's out there.... but
> what is a good modern warfare real-time strategy game? Preferably Desert
> Storm and later, but Vietnam and later will do too, and preferably not
> anything too futuristic (ie, no mechs or weird technology). Turn-based is
> good too... thanks in advance!

Perhaps, Act of War? Recently released and quite in the 'modern warfare'
genre. Takes a fairly powerful box to run it, though.
April 19, 2005 10:18:26 AM

It's more Real Time Tactical (as in you don't build stuff), but I
highly recommend the Close Combat series by Atomic games (published by
Microsoft and others). The battle of the bulge and eastern front are
not to be missed. I know it's ho hum more WW2, but definately worth a
look.

Here's a website that has mods and whatnotall:
http://closecombat.org/
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 7:14:31 AM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:26:00 GMT, Major H <tacops@mac.com> wrote:

>Try TacOps4 ($25 + S&H). It is a WEGO game with simultaneous planning and
>execution turns.
>
>http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.htm...
>
>You can download a Windows or Macintosh ,14 meg demo from the link below
>with several full scenarios.
>
>http://www.battlefront.com/downloads.html
>
>Best regards, Major H.
>tacops@mac.com

Still using same graphics art from 1993? Needs a GUI overhaul.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:28:07 AM

>> Try TacOps4 ($25 + S&H). It is a WEGO game with simultaneous planning and
>> execution turns.
>> http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.htm...

> Still using same graphics art from 1993?

Yes and that is what I will still be using in ten more years.

>Needs a GUI overhaul.

I don't do eye candy.

Best regards, Major H.
tacops@mac.com
http://www.battlefront.com/
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 6:09:45 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:28:07 GMT, Major H <tacops@mac.com> wrote:

>I don't do eye candy.

Eye candy sells. :-)
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:29:08 AM

>> I don't do eye candy.

> Eye candy sells. :-)

High calories, low nutrition. :)

Best regards, Major H.
tacops@mac.com
http://www.battlefront.com/
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:29:09 AM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:29:08 GMT, Major H <tacops@mac.com> wrote:

>High calories, low nutrition. :)

It is possible to have both. High carbs.
!