Recommend me a good modern warfare RTS!

I don't follow game news much, so I don't know what's out there.... but
what is a good modern warfare real-time strategy game? Preferably Desert
Storm and later, but Vietnam and later will do too, and preferably not
anything too futuristic (ie, no mechs or weird technology). Turn-based is
good too... thanks in advance!
8 answers Last reply
More about recommend good modern warfare
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    "David" <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message
    >I don't follow game news much, so I don't know what's out there.... but
    > what is a good modern warfare real-time strategy game? Preferably Desert
    > Storm and later, but Vietnam and later will do too, and preferably not
    > anything too futuristic (ie, no mechs or weird technology). Turn-based is
    > good too... thanks in advance!

    Perhaps, Act of War? Recently released and quite in the 'modern warfare'
    genre. Takes a fairly powerful box to run it, though.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    > what is a good modern warfare real-time strategy game?

    Try TacOps4 ($25 + S&H). It is a WEGO game with simultaneous planning and
    execution turns.

    http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.html

    You can download a Windows or Macintosh ,14 meg demo from the link below
    with several full scenarios.

    http://www.battlefront.com/downloads.html

    Best regards, Major H.
    tacops@mac.com
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    It's more Real Time Tactical (as in you don't build stuff), but I
    highly recommend the Close Combat series by Atomic games (published by
    Microsoft and others). The battle of the bulge and eastern front are
    not to be missed. I know it's ho hum more WW2, but definately worth a
    look.

    Here's a website that has mods and whatnotall:
    http://closecombat.org/
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:26:00 GMT, Major H <tacops@mac.com> wrote:

    >Try TacOps4 ($25 + S&H). It is a WEGO game with simultaneous planning and
    >execution turns.
    >
    >http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.html
    >
    >You can download a Windows or Macintosh ,14 meg demo from the link below
    >with several full scenarios.
    >
    >http://www.battlefront.com/downloads.html
    >
    >Best regards, Major H.
    >tacops@mac.com

    Still using same graphics art from 1993? Needs a GUI overhaul.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    >> Try TacOps4 ($25 + S&H). It is a WEGO game with simultaneous planning and
    >> execution turns.
    >> http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.html

    > Still using same graphics art from 1993?

    Yes and that is what I will still be using in ten more years.

    >Needs a GUI overhaul.

    I don't do eye candy.

    Best regards, Major H.
    tacops@mac.com
    http://www.battlefront.com/
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:28:07 GMT, Major H <tacops@mac.com> wrote:

    >I don't do eye candy.

    Eye candy sells. :-)
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    >> I don't do eye candy.

    > Eye candy sells. :-)

    High calories, low nutrition. :)

    Best regards, Major H.
    tacops@mac.com
    http://www.battlefront.com/
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:29:08 GMT, Major H <tacops@mac.com> wrote:

    >High calories, low nutrition. :)

    It is possible to have both. High carbs.

PC gaming Internet Explorer Games Video Games