Jagged Alliance 2 details

Some time ago I started digging through the Jagged Alliance 2 source code,
looking for various things that I had always wondered about while playing
the game. The level of detail is pretty amazing.

I posted a full description of the personality quiz answers on my web
site a while back. This weekend I decided to dig through the mercenary
character profiles and get a complete dump of statistics. In addition
to the AIM and MERC profiles, this yielded complete stats on all NPCs.

Among other things, this shows why Joe, Mike, and Queen Deidranna are
not the people you want to mess with. You can see the full set of who
likes whom and who hates whom. You can see the Robot's marksmanship
skill.

I've included some notes on most of the NPCs. For some characters I've
included the location where they are found, which is especially helpful
for NPCs like Skyrider who are placed randomly. I also computed their
maximum APs, healing, repair, and militia training rates.

http://www.fadden.com/techmisc/ja2/

The site also has descriptions of the different skills, traits, and
character attitudes (originally put together for the personality quiz page).

If anything looks amiss, let me know. The character stats should be 100%
accurate, since they're just coming out of the "Prof.dat" file.

--
Send mail to fadden@fadden.com (Andy McFadden) - http://www.fadden.com/
CD-Recordable FAQ - http://www.cdrfaq.org/

I believe you fight Mike inside one of the outside bases (helicopter
base?) fairly early in the game. He's the "ex-mercenary". He's also a
very tough

Andy McFadden wrote:
> Some time ago I started digging through the Jagged Alliance 2 source code,
> looking for various things that I had always wondered about while playing
> the game. The level of detail is pretty amazing.
>
> I posted a full description of the personality quiz answers on my web
> site a while back. This weekend I decided to dig through the mercenary
> character profiles and get a complete dump of statistics. In addition
> to the AIM and MERC profiles, this yielded complete stats on all NPCs.
>
> Among other things, this shows why Joe, Mike, and Queen Deidranna are
> not the people you want to mess with. You can see the full set of who
> likes whom and who hates whom. You can see the Robot's marksmanship
> skill.
>
> I've included some notes on most of the NPCs. For some characters I've
> included the location where they are found, which is especially helpful
> for NPCs like Skyrider who are placed randomly. I also computed their
> maximum APs, healing, repair, and militia training rates.
>
> http://www.fadden.com/techmisc/ja2/
>
> The site also has descriptions of the different skills, traits, and
> character attitudes (originally put together for the personality quiz page).
>
> If anything looks amiss, let me know. The character stats should be 100%
> accurate, since they're just coming out of the "Prof.dat" file.

Pretty damn good! This'll probably come in handy next time I play JA2
again. No wonder that last encounter inside Deidrianna's mansion was
such a bitch. But who was Mike?

Tom

Tom Meyer <fake@email.address> wrote:
> Pretty damn good! This'll probably come in handy next time I play JA2
> again. No wonder that last encounter inside Deidrianna's mansion was
> such a bitch. But who was Mike?

When the game judges you to be about halfway done, it allows Mike to
be added as an "upgraded elite". At that point "elite" defenders are
(I think) first found in SAM sites.

Mike was a mercenary character in the original Jagged Alliance; he
was the best merc available, and cost more than you could afford until
the endgame. When Mike shows up in JA2, after a brief conversation he
shares the contents of his H&K G11 with you. I believe the only way to
get a G11 in the game is from Mike's body.

--

Andy McFadden <fadden@fadden.com> wrote:
> http://www.fadden.com/techmisc/ja2/
>
> The site also has descriptions of the different skills, traits, and
> character attitudes (originally put together for the personality quiz page).

I've updated the site to include some new stuff:

- A complete item list. Shows short name, long name, and full description.
Also includes the "merge tables" used to determine the results of
combining items. No real surprises here.
- A complete weapon list, with a summary table for firearms and
detailed output for all weapons. The list includes monster spit,
bloodcat claws, and some weapons that didn't make it into the game,
like the flamethrower and the auto-rocket-rifle.
- The character profiles now show equipment. The first five items,
with preference given to weapons and armor. Not too many surprises
here, though it's interesting to note that characters like the Robot
and the Queen are wearing Compound-18 Spectra armor.