Sign in with
Your question

Network adapter not found

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 12, 2013 1:45:23 AM

I have a toshiba satellite laptop and can't access the internet. I just replaced the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7. Now it says Windows can not detect a properly installed network adapter. I went to toshiba's website on my daughter's computer and downloaded the driver for my computer, saved it to a flash drive and installed it but I am still getting the same message. When I go to the device manager there is no network adapter listed.

More about : network adapter found

February 12, 2013 2:12:44 AM

is anything listed under Other Devices?
m
l
February 12, 2013 10:11:13 AM

It has Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, and PCI Simple Communication Controller
m
l
Related resources
February 12, 2013 1:05:21 PM

go to the Toshiba website and download the drivers for your LAN and WiFi card.

what model laptop is it? you find the info on the bottom of the laptop
m
l
September 28, 2013 1:32:25 PM

Did you ever find a solution for this? I also have a Toshiba Satellite that the wireless adapter seems to have disappeared. I did not replace the hard drive or make any software changes. To the best of my knowledge, it was there one minute and gone the next (it's my parent's computer so details are a little hard to come by). The Ethernet connection still works. I've tried downloading what Toshiba says is the current driver but that hasn't helped either. This one really has me stumped.
m
l
September 28, 2013 1:35:25 PM

Since your problem is different than the original one, please open a new thread.

m
l
September 28, 2013 1:40:43 PM

Emerald said:
is the wifi radio/network card turned on? check for a switch or Fn+Function Key

There is a button that turns the antenna on and off. When I hit the button, the light goes off for a moment and a graphic pops up showing the antenna on or off. There is another indicator light on the edge of the laptop that turns on when the antenna is on but that never changes.
m
l
!