aliu42

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
Can anyone explain what exactly I'm going to go through setting up my RAID 0 with NTFS?

I've been doing some reading and I don't really understand what's going on with the stripe/cluster size for NTFS...

If anyone could be so kind as to give me some tips on how to proceed with RAID 0 and NTFS I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm sure my RAID card is going to come with instructions...but I just want to have as much info in advance as possible as this will be my first RAID I've ever set up.

Thanks

Aliu

Javic

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2002
If this is going to be hardware RAID0, then once you get to Windows, it will see the drive as a single drive. All you need to do is format it as NTFS. I have 6 - 120GB drives in a RAID5 config, and Win2K sees it as one 600GB drive, as it should. Provided you have the RAID0 set up properly, you shouldn't experience any problems with it within Windows.

For more info on the stripe/cluster size, see the <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=61149#61149" target="_new">RAID FAQ</A> as elzt mentioned.