Dell Optiplex 745 Wireless Card

I have been having troubles with my USB wireless adapter and have wanted to upgrade to a wireless card. I don't know much about wireless cards though and was wondering what a good one would be for my computer. I know it requires a Low Profile Bracket and so I don't know where to look for a good card that has one. Any help would be truly appreciated
1 answer Last reply
More about dell optiplex wireless card
  1. You should start off by checking out your router. What type of router is it and what kind of wireless adapter is compatible. If the router is a Wireless G class router (54Mbps) it would be best to buy a G class adapter.
    If it is Wireless N class (150 - 300Mbps) you should look into an N class adapter to utilize it's full potential (range and speed).
    Not to say that an N class adapter will not work with a G class router but you will probably end up paying twice the cost and never enjoy the full specs it is offering.

As for the USB/PCI option, I personally prefer an adapter that can be placed up on my desk and not behind my PC case under my desk. Either USB or PCI it doesn't really make a difference but it is best to have the option to position the adapter for the best signal reception possible.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Optiplex Wireless Adapter Wireless Networking