Unable to connect to network and internet after WPA update..

Last response: in Networking
May 27, 2004 9:20:39 AM

I have the MS USB 510 adapter and download and installed the WPA update but
after I rebooted I cannot connect to my USR Wireless Router. I tried
reinstalling the adapter, checked the WEP settings but its not picking up my
wireless network. Any ideas? Thanks!
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 10:19:43 AM

KB826942 was the hotfix I installed. I uninstalled it but still the same
thing
"hesp" <hespeler99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have the MS USB 510 adapter and download and installed the WPA update
but
> after I rebooted I cannot connect to my USR Wireless Router. I tried
> reinstalling the adapter, checked the WEP settings but its not picking up
my
> wireless network. Any ideas? Thanks!

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 5:08:55 PM

All 802.11b hardware such as the 510 does not support
WPA.

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 10:28:24 PM

Actually that is incorrect. Both the MN-520 and the MN-510 have
updates for WPA if you apply the updates listed for the MN-700. I am
hoping that MS some day posts all the individual drivers etc. to make
things easy for everyone.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 13:08:55 -0700,

--
Barb Bowman