System Idle Process problem.

G

i just got windows 2000 install from a clean format. and now for some reason my system idle process in my task manager is staying at 95-99 cpu usage. and i lose my sound. only when i try to restart the computer the sound comes back right after it was about to get out of windows. can anyone help me with this?

also. eventhough it says the CPU usage is 99. the cpu usage scale the next tab over is sitting at 0-3% someone please help

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lucifel2 on 04/20/02 11:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is perefectly normal for your System Idle Process to be at 90+ when your computer is doing nothing. It just means that the CPU is not currently occupied by anything else (as you noticed on the Performance Tab). So you don't need to worry about that. As for the sound, I don't know, maybe a resource problem...

--- <i>Part of the price you must pay for any knowledge is to discover it for yourself.</i> ---

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
the idle thing is normal. thats whats supposed to happen.

as for your sound...
what IRQ is your soundcard using? are all your devices on 9 or 11?
and what hardware do you have?

also, have you installed the windows 2000 specific sound drivers?

My tech advice here is not free. Email your credit card detials to mynic@hotmail.com :smile: :wink:

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Your getting free advise here. Read lhgpoobaa's sig.
You lucky devil.

:smile:

:smile: <b><font color=blue> I took an I.Q. test today...It came back negative.</font color=blue></b> :lol:

G

it IRQ of the soundcard is 11. its a SoundMAX soundcard. my GF4 Ti4400's IRQ is also at 11. i installed the drivers from compaq's website. since its the soundcard that came with my compuer.