Winfast TV 2000 XP Deluxe Audio/Video out of sync

Ghost1871

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hi,

I have a Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 Deluxe card. My problem is that audio/video are out of sync. I noticed that when I captured from my Hi8 cam (the reason why I bought this card) but then I tried watching TV and had the same problem.

My PC is somewhat older (P3 700) with an onboard sound chip. May it be that this chip (a Yamaha chip) is to slow to keep audio in sync?

Please help me out...

bonesdad1

Distinguished
May 25, 2002
Seems like I read that the driver needs to be updated. I don't own the card, but am considering it. I have read about this problem with others. They updated the driver from somewhere and it fixed the problem. Sorry I cant help more, but that should point u in right direction.

------------------

my sig left me for an Honorary Guru...

Hoolio

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
It happens when you are dpoing something else on your computer while capturing is going on. I had the same problem with my voodoo 3 3500 tv on my athlon 800. Make sure it is just the video capture software running (dont worry about system tray icons unless you have lots of them). Hope this helps, these other programs access the HDD and so you gets dropped frames and the video lags the audio.

What OS are you running?

poncho

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2003
I had the exact same problem with my leadtec tv 2000 card approx a year ago. I remedied the problem by going into the configuration menu and under the Audio device settings changing the master stream setting from video to audio. Hope that helps!

There is no right and wrong. There's only fun and boring.