RL 4920 Phone - USB Questions

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
December 9, 2004 12:02:20 PM

I am considering getting the Sanyo RL 4920 phone soon. Here are a
couple of questions I have not been able to find the answers to on the
web or in the newsgroups.
1) Is it true that you can charge your 4920 from your pc using the USB
cable?
2) if so, does the laptop need to be turned on, or will it just charge
from the LT battery?
3) does the pc/laptop require any software to perform the charging
function? I'd like to be able to hook it up to any computer I happen
to be on and have the phone charging.
4) I would appreciate hearing any comments about the good or bad of
sync'ing an outlook calendar with the phone.
5) lastly, are there any good 'non-commercial' web sites that have
good information on this phone? (too many sites just selling the
phone and accessories, lame information).

Thanks
Bill
December 10, 2004 2:00:51 PM

Steve, Okapi,
Thanks for your replies. I'm off to get the 4920 today. It's good to
hear such positive feedback. I have looked at the phonescoop website
and found it helpful.
Bill
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 14, 2004 7:33:14 PM

On 10 Dec 2004 11:00:51 -0800, "Hagrid" <qzf2r4@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Steve, Okapi,
>Thanks for your replies. I'm off to get the 4920 today. It's good to
>hear such positive feedback. I have looked at the phonescoop website
>and found it helpful.
>Bill

So, how do you like it? I've had mine a couple of weeks and am really
pleased with my selection so far.
Related resources
December 15, 2004 2:30:40 PM

Well, I got cold feet and didn't get the phone yet. I'm torn between
the a-760 and the 4920. I like all the features on the 4920 except
the half-duplex speakerphone (which I would use a lot.. my current
phone has speakerphone, half-duplex). The a-760 has full duplex, but
not all the features of the 4920. Still researching. I originally
avoided getting a camera phone, but am not considering it in my
criteria (with the full-duplex speakerphone).
I'll update you later on my choice.
December 15, 2004 3:03:16 PM

!