guruguhan

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
Hello,

I need to remove the panel on my case which has the holes for the printer, mouse, kybd, etc...I think it is about 2" by 5" (it's not in front of me)...how is this normally done?

I don't want to pry anything I should pry, or use excessive force...unless needed. Should it come off with pliers?

Thanks

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
If you mean the dress panel for the connectors on the back, these are usually just clipped in. With the motherboard out of the case, press in from the back and it should just pop off.

But, beware these things are thin and easily damaged. It may not be reusable.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---

guruguhan

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
Thanks Teg, I'll press a little more firmly from the inside...it really doesn't matter to me if I ruin it, I'll be replacing it with the one that came with my MB. I just don't want to force anything I'm not supposed to. Thanks again

Auburn9698

Champion
Get a flathead screwdriver to gently bend the edges in a little bit and give ya a start on it, if you want to hang on to it. If not, don't sweat it. The wall of your case should be heftier than that little thing.

War Eagle<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Auburn9698 on 04/08/03 02:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
You need to press from the <i>outside</i> with the motherboard out of the case.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---