Question on moving and how that affects my contract.

theone

Hello All,
I plan to move from IL (Chicago) to CA (Sacramento) in June of next
year. My sprint contract is up in August (I think). I don't want to pay
a termination fee (How much is it?) and I certainly don't want to renew
my contract. So how would I migrate my plan over there without renewing?
I am on the area wide so I obviously don't want to pay .50cents a minute
while over there. What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

theOne

Why don't you want to renew? I'm pretty sure Sprint won't let you
switch to a Sacramento area plan without renewing.

--
John Richards

"theOne" <xbox@dodgeit.com> wrote in message news:DwKud.7642$nE7.3711@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Hello All,
> I plan to move from IL (Chicago) to CA (Sacramento) in June of next
> year. My sprint contract is up in August (I think). I don't want to pay
> a termination fee (How much is it?) and I certainly don't want to renew
> my contract. So how would I migrate my plan over there without renewing?
> I am on the area wide so I obviously don't want to pay .50cents a minute
> while over there. What are my options?

"theOne" <xbox@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I plan to move from IL (Chicago) to CA (Sacramento) in June of next
> year. My sprint contract is up in August (I think). I don't want to pay
> a termination fee (How much is it?) and I certainly don't want to renew
> my contract. So how would I migrate my plan over there without renewing?
> I am on the area wide so I obviously don't want to pay .50cents a minute
> while over there. What are my options?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> theOne

First off, there is no additional charge when making or receiving calls on
SPCS's system. If you are roaming, then it would be $0.50/min. and $0.25 if
you are making an outgoing roaming LD call.

What you fail to say is:

1) Have you even spoken to SPCS yet, about what would be required? You might
need to change to another areawide plan after you move, but they would only
extend your contract 1 year, from the date of the change of phone numbers.

2) Are you planning on keeping SPCS after the move?

3) What your current usage is now, and what you can expect to use after the
move? Just one phone on the account, or are there more?

4) Have you even looked at other SPCS plans, considering that N & W are
unlimited and you can add the $5 F&CA option on any plan other than a area
wide plan?

You need to examine your current usage, to determine what plan is the best
for you with this move.

Bob

"tom ronson" <madscribe123@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
> > First off, there is no additional charge when making or receiving calls
on
> > SPCS's system.
>
> > 4) Have you even looked at other SPCS plans, considering that N & W are
> > unlimited and you can add the $5 F&CA option on any plan other than a
area
> > wide plan?
>
> The OP clearly said >> "I am on the area wide so I obviously don't ...."
>
> So Bob, wanna try again?
>
> --tr

Sigh ... Just what is your problem Tom? As you failed to provide the full
quote from the OP, here it is: "I am on the area wide so I obviously don't
want to pay .50cents a minute while over there. What are my options?"

It's obvious that if he continues with SPCS service after the move, he will
be changing numbers and will have to sign onto a new plan. My point about no
additional cost, while making and receiving calls on SPCS's system was
valid. The OP then asks what are his options, of which I provided one
option. I was pointing out something which isn't available on an area wide
plan, the F & CA option ...

Bob

theone

Bob Smith wrote:
> "theOne" <xbox@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hello All,
>>I plan to move from IL (Chicago) to CA (Sacramento) in June of next
>>year. My sprint contract is up in August (I think). I don't want to pay
>>a termination fee (How much is it?) and I certainly don't want to renew
>>my contract. So how would I migrate my plan over there without renewing?
>>I am on the area wide so I obviously don't want to pay .50cents a minute
>>while over there. What are my options?
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>theOne
>

> First off, there is no additional charge when making or receiving calls on
> SPCS's system. If you are roaming, then it would be $0.50/min. and $0.25 if
> you are making an outgoing roaming LD call.

Bob, I'm on the area wide plan which would be roaming over there. Those
are the additional charges I just stated.I want to avoid them at all costs.

> What you fail to say is:
>
> 1) Have you even spoken to SPCS yet, about what would be required? You might
> need to change to another areawide plan after you move, but they would only
> extend your contract 1 year, from the date of the change of phone numbers.

Actually, I thought it would be best to ask this group since I
genuinely hate customer support, and would prefer user experience in
this matter. You know about my previous dealings with them Bob. Aside
from that I definitely will not renew. It negates the whole purpose of
my initial one year contract. I plan to switch providers (per user
experience in the area I move) and pick up a new phone. I am hoping by
then, my "dream phone" (whole other topic) will be on the market.

> 2) Are you planning on keeping SPCS after the move?

No I have had horrible drop call and customer support experience in the
chicagoland area. I will choose my carrier based on on coverage in the
area I move. I do think I will go back to GSM though. Seems I had better
luck with T-Mobile and their GSM national plans where roaming was non
existent (on another carrier's tower even), fees were inclusive, change
of plan didn't requre a contract renewal (did it all the time when I was
close to going over), and dropped calls NEVER happened. I can't believe
I gave this all up for a color screen camera phone!

> 3) What your current usage is now, and what you can expect to use after the
> move? Just one phone on the account, or are there more?

How quickly you forget about me and my horrible dilemma with Sprint in
the past! I understand that you do talk to quite a few people though.

So in light of that, 1000 minutes is what I use (with $5 pcs to pcs) on
a family plan.

> 4) Have you even looked at other SPCS plans, considering that N & W are
> unlimited and you can add the $5 F&CA option on any plan other than a area
> wide plan?

Renew right? No thanks. Also, I don't have problems of going over
anymore. In the past that was do to Sprint Errors.

> You need to examine your current usage, to determine what plan is the best
> for you with this move.

My same plan would be best Bob. I think you missed my point entirely. I
am moving (my belongings, not my preference of phone plan) :)

> Bob

Based on your answers, I guess is there is no way to get out of a
contract renewal. What I wanted to do was migrate my plan over there for
the remainder of my existing contract with no renewal or something similiar.

So my questions is:
1. what is the cost of contract termination?

***If this cost is higher then the remaining payments, I could just just
pay for monthly bills until contract expiration.

> Thanks in advance, theOne

theone

Bob Smith wrote:
> "tom ronson" <madscribe123@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>First off, there is no additional charge when making or receiving calls
>
> on
>
>>>SPCS's system.
>>
>>>4) Have you even looked at other SPCS plans, considering that N & W are
>>>unlimited and you can add the $5 F&CA option on any plan other than a
>
> area
>
>>>wide plan?
>>
>>The OP clearly said >> "I am on the area wide so I obviously don't ...."
>>
>>So Bob, wanna try again?
>>
>> --tr
>

> Sigh ... Just what is your problem Tom? As you failed to provide the full
> quote from the OP, here it is: "I am on the area wide so I obviously don't
> want to pay .50cents a minute while over there. What are my options?"
>
> It's obvious that if he continues with SPCS service after the move, he will
> be changing numbers and will have to sign onto a new plan.
You see Bob, that wasn't "obvious" to me. Call me naive. But I was
hoping your thorough knowledge of Sprint regulations :) would allow me
an option other than I "1 year contract renewal".

My point about no
> additional cost, while making and receiving calls on SPCS's system was
> valid.
My plan is area wide so what is the point of even discussing this? CA
and IL are quite a bit away from each other.

The OP then asks what are his options, of which I provided one
> option. I was pointing out something which isn't available on an area wide
> plan, the F & CA option ...

I don't understand. What is F & CA? free and clear?

I- D-O N-O-T W-A-N-T T-O R-E-N-E-W my contract :) C'mon Guy!

> Bob

theone

What about terms and conditions folks? Does anybody the last time they
changed and when it might change again. I thought that if I scoured it
over and found something that I definitively disagree with; is that not
legal grounds to not bind myself to the contract anymore? If I disagree
and it was not the contract that I originally signed up for then....

or is there already something in the terms and service about that?

Thanks.

theOne

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:45%ud.1358$Yj4.1348@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...

> It's obvious that if he continues with SPCS service after the move, he will
> be changing numbers and will have to sign onto a new plan.

Except for cost/convenience considerations, there's no immediate need to
change numbers, hence no absolute requirement for a new plan.

> My point about no
> additional cost, while making and receiving calls on SPCS's system was
> valid.

If there was no additional cost, everyone would have an area-wide plan.
The very second he leaves his area, he'll be paying $0.50 per minute extra
for every call.

--
John Richards

"theOne" <xbox@dodgeit.com> wrote in message news:Ba%ud.7887$nE7.1302@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Bob, I'm on the area wide plan which would be roaming over there. Those
> are the additional charges I just stated.I want to avoid them at all costs.

Technically it's not roaming as long as you're on Sprint's network, but you
would be charged $0.50 per minute for every call made while you're not
inside your plan's area.

--
John Richards

theone

John Richards wrote:
> "theOne" <xbox@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
>> Bob, I'm on the area wide plan which would be roaming over there.
>> Those are the additional charges I just stated.I want to avoid them at
>> all costs.
>

> Technically it's not roaming as long as you're on Sprint's network, but you
> would be charged $0.50 per minute for every call made while you're not
> inside your plan's area.

point taken. I guess I define anything that costs me additional money to
be roaming :)

how much is the disconnect early term?

> Bob Smith wrote:
> > "tom ronson" <madscribe123@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > on

> > area

> >>The OP clearly said >> "I am on the area wide so I obviously don't ...."
> >>
> >>So Bob, wanna try again?
> >>
> >> --tr
> >

> > Sigh ... Just what is your problem Tom? As you failed to provide the
full
> > quote from the OP, here it is: "I am on the area wide so I obviously
don't
> > want to pay .50cents a minute while over there. What are my options?"
> >
> > It's obvious that if he continues with SPCS service after the move, he
will
> > be changing numbers and will have to sign onto a new plan.
> You see Bob, that wasn't "obvious" to me. Call me naive. But I was
> hoping your thorough knowledge of Sprint regulations :) would allow me
> an option other than I "1 year contract renewal".
>

> My point about no
> > additional cost, while making and receiving calls on SPCS's system was
> > valid.
> My plan is area wide so what is the point of even discussing this? CA
> and IL are quite a bit away from each other.
>
> The OP then asks what are his options, of which I provided one
> > option. I was pointing out something which isn't available on an area
wide
> > plan, the F & CA option ...
>
> I don't understand. What is F & CA? free and clear?

Free & Clear America, which allows for roaming for up to 50% of your plan
minutes.

> I- D-O N-O-T W-A-N-T T-O R-E-N-E-W my contract :) C'mon Guy!
> >
> > Bob

Then you have two options, cancel your plan, which will cost $150, or keep
the plan going till it expires.

Bob