[Newbie] Studiophile BX8 as main computer speakers?

Hi!

What about using a couple of BX8 as computer speakers?

I always liked very much hifi music and I'm trying to setup a good
system with my computer.

I'm waiting for a PowerMac G5, I'd like to get a nice-sounding audio
card (I think M-Audio firewire 410) and I was wondering if makes sense
to use the bx8s as main spekaers!

I mainly record from tapes and vynil LP's and (try to) restore them!

Please let me know!

--
Greetings from Nicko
Venice, Italy

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:50:50 GMT, NiCkO <laguna81delta@virgilio.it>
    wrote:

    >What about using a couple of BX8 as computer speakers?
    >
    >I always liked very much hifi music and I'm trying to setup a good
    >system with my computer.
    >
    >I'm waiting for a PowerMac G5, I'd like to get a nice-sounding audio
    >card (I think M-Audio firewire 410) and I was wondering if makes sense
    >to use the bx8s as main spekaers!

    Sure, why not?

    But haven't you got a decent hifi setup already? Why do you need a
    separate sound system?

    Laurence Payne wrote:

    > Sure, why not?
    >
    > But haven't you got a decent hifi setup already? Why do you need a
    > separate sound system?

    Because when using the computer I'm not in the centre of the stereo
    sound. I'm really close to the left speaker and more than 2 metres away
    from the right one. And at the moment I can't change the placement. Plus
    I'd like to have separate systems and be able to just turn on the
    computer and the speakers without powering the other gear.

    I have a Rotel RA980BX amp with Canton loudspeakers (from germany), I'd
    prefer having a bass reflex system for working with audio and to play
    dvds, mp3 ecc ;-)

    The doubt is:
    BX8 or DX4?

    The DX4 are for Desktop operation..... ok, right..... but cost less than
    half the BX8, so I think that BX8s are much better..... can you help me
    on this dilemma? ;)

    bye! :D

Pro Audio Speakers Computers Audio