running Fantasy General in WinXP

I excavated my old FG disk but I can't get it to run the same way I got
Panzer General working (by using settings in the shortcut). Does
anyone know the trick to get FG running?

Alex Mars <alexmars@aol.com> wrote:
> I excavated my old FG disk but I can't get it to run the same way I got
> Panzer General working (by using settings in the shortcut). Does
> anyone know the trick to get FG running?

Beats me. I'd love to hear a good solution.

mcv.

Alex Mars wrote:
> I excavated my old FG disk but I can't get it to run the same way I
got
> Panzer General working (by using settings in the shortcut). Does
> anyone know the trick to get FG running?

DOSBOX all the way! I got FG running with voice & music w/o a problem.
Also playing Master of Magic again. Three cheers for DOSBOX! What a
program!

Alex

AMooreonline@juno.com wrote:
> Alex Mars wrote:
> > I excavated my old FG disk but I can't get it to run the same way I
> got
> > Panzer General working (by using settings in the shortcut). Does
> > anyone know the trick to get FG running?
>
> DOSBOX all the way! I got FG running with voice & music w/o a problem.
> Also playing Master of Magic again. Three cheers for DOSBOX! What a
> program!
>
> Alex

Has anyone else noticed that Rome:Total War uses the old FG music?