Sprint phone that's GSM?

Last response: in Network Providers
December 20, 2004 7:32:07 AM

Is there such a phone? Why didn't Srint do the TREO 650 as GSM/CDMA? Why
hasn't Verizon (which has a TREO 600 GSM offered the TREO 650?

-Mark

More about : sprint phone gsm

Anonymous
December 20, 2004 3:02:22 PM

MRS wrote:
> Is there such a phone? Why didn't Srint do the TREO 650 as GSM/CDMA?

That's not up to Sprint, that's up to the handset maker, in this case,
Palm. Considering Sprint is a CDMA carrier, it would behoove them to
stick with CDMA handsets.

> Why
> hasn't Verizon (which has a TREO 600 GSM offered the TREO 650?

First off, Verizon doesn't use GSM, so I'm not sure how they can offer a
GSM Treo 600. Their website:

http://tinyurl.com/4qowa

clearly shows a CDMA-only Treo 600.

Second, Verizon has made it clear that they will only release new phones
when they are good and ready. This is why Verizon's product line is
usually at least 6 months behind everyone else. :)

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
December 20, 2004 3:02:23 PM

Isaiah Beard wrote:

> First off, Verizon doesn't use GSM, so I'm not sure how they can offer a
> GSM Treo 600. Their website:

They offer a GSM Samsung phone (not a PDA).

It's marketed to their customers who roam internationally.

December 20, 2004 5:06:16 PM

"MRS" <tabcourt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there such a phone? Why didn't Srint do the TREO 650 as GSM/CDMA? Why
> hasn't Verizon (which has a TREO 600 GSM offered the TREO 650?
>
> -Mark

Maybe they didn't want to, ya think ...?

Bob
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 5:38:34 PM

ian@jardine.net wrote:
> Verizon do sell a Samung A790 cdma/gsm phone for world travellers.
> Sprintpcs do not.

Well good for Verizon. However, PalmOne has not and probably won't make
a GSM/CDMA combo of the Treo 650.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.