Metal Fatigue not running under WIN XP

Is there any trick to play this wonderful game under XP?

Seems like it crashes everytime before loading menù screen...

--
Getix "Il Cromista", PPPPP (Pilota Portato Per Pericolose Pirlate), (21, 90,
MI)

On Wed, 25 May 2005 11:35:17 GMT, "Getix" <Getix@tin.it.nonloso.it> wrote:

>Is there any trick to play this wonderful game under XP?
>
>Seems like it crashes everytime before loading menù screen...

Works for me. (WinXP, SP2.)

I'd check the video card drivers and video codecs - those are generally the
greatest troublemakers for this class of games.

> Works for me. (WinXP, SP2.)

Sigh... same config as me :(

> I'd check the video card drivers and video codecs - those are generally
> the
> greatest troublemakers for this class of games.

What video drivers?
What should i look for?

:)

Thnak you

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
i have managed to run Metal Fatigue on Win XP using DirectX (OpenGL did not work making pc crash just before starting mission)

in case anyone around still fighting with sound glitch and missing dynamic music here's how i solved:

it probably solves Windows Vista's missing music as well, but i can't confirm

requirements:

a) Winamp installed
b) no cd patch (search over internet)
c) Metal Fatigue cd or Metal Fatigue cd iso. You will need a full working version, so no demo version and not even Home of the Underdogs version (which is ripped).
d) _inmm.dll (will tell you later where to get it)

before you start you should backup MFatigue.exe, just in case something goes wrong

instructions:

1) install Metal Fatigue

2) download _inmm.dll (http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Domino/8282/)

i used the zipped file (http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Domino/8282/_inmm/_inmm238.zip) but you can use the installer if you prefer (won't describe the process, however is pretty much the same except for where various files are)

3) unzip files into metal fatigue directory so that _inmm.dll, _inmmcnf.exe, etc. are in Metal Fatigue directory (NOT in any subdir)

4) search over internet for a no-cd for Metal Fatigue and run it. This step can be avoided if your installed Metal Fatigue game already runs on your pc without showing "please insert cd1" when starting a new game

5) mount your Metal Fatigue cd1 image using Daemon tools or simply put Metal Fatigue cd in your dvd/cd drive. This is essential since musics are NOT copied on your hd during installation, even with full installation, so you will need a cd or a cd image.

6) open _inmmcnf.ini which should be (if you correctly unzipped files) in your metal fatigue dir

7) copy and paste the following lines at the end of the _inmmcnf.ini file

[Metal Fatigue]
Group=Psygnosis
RegKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Psygnosis\Metal Fatigue
Value=path
File=MSS32.DLL

8) run _inmmcnf.exe which should be in your metal fatigue dir

9) on "method" tab change CD-DA to Winamp and select drive where you cd is or cd iso is mounted (NOT where .iso file is, but which drive you mounted iso on)

10) go to "player" tab, select "winamp" and check if location is correct

11) go to "error" tab, select "NONE" in Error Reporting Level

12) go to "patch" tab and search under "Groups" for "Psygnosys. Now select "Metal Fatigue" (which should be the only title available) and click "Patch"

13) go to "_inmm.ini" tab and click on "CD Tracks". Select drive where your cd is or cd iso is mounted and click "Get" button.

14) if everything is correct, if should automatically select Track 2 ~ 13. Click ok and then Save

15) when asking where you want to save it, select "_inmm.ini" in your Metal Fatigue dir

if everything went fine, from now on you can play Metal Fatigue by simply clicking on MFatigue.exe

remember that you need to put Metal Fatigue cd in your cd/dvd drive or mount a Metal Fatigue iso if you want to listen to music

PLEASE NOTE : some Metal Fatigue iso won't have correct audio tracks, so in case music plays weird, you probably need to use another iso. If you want to be sure if your iso is good just mount it with Daemon Tools, run WinAmp and play audio tracks as you would normally play an audio CD. What you can listen now is what you will listen during the game.

lightend

well, on skermish mode my game crashes after about a hour - 1.1//2 hours, my computer comes up with a memory error, any one else get this?